Possible To Get Upper Pole Fullness After Weight Loss with Breast Lift and NO Implants??

Im 18 and Ive lost more than 80 pounds. I went from a 42DD to a 34DD and Ive lost a lot of the fullness in the upper part of my chest. I really REALLY dont want implants. Is there any way a breast lift can give me that fullness? Ive read all about it but everything Im reading seems to involve implants. I read a little bit about "auto-augmentation" that doesnt involve implants. There isnt a lot of info about that type of surgery that I know of. Also, If I ever have kids could I still breastfeed?

Breast Lift and Implants For Upper Pole Fullness After Weight Loss

+3

Thank you for your question. After weight loss the breast skin is lax but the breast gland has also lost volume.

In my experience Breast Implants are always required to obtain upper pole fullness with a lift after significant weight loss.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-lift-dermal-mastopexy/

Breast lift for skin tightening and upper pole fullness following weight loss.

+3

Whether or not you can achieve upper pole fullness with a breast lift depends upon the amount of breast tissue you have remaining after your weight loss. If enough tissue remains, even it hangs down and the upper pole is flat, a breast lift can create a pretty breast that can be shaped nicely and resuspended up on the chest wall. The skin is redraped and tightened over the breast tissue. Sometimes after the skin is tightened and the breast lifted the breast can seem smaller than it was when the skin pocket was loose. If the size is not as large as you want a breast implant can always be placed later. However, it is not true that you always need an implant to create upper pole fullness. The liklihood of being able to breast feed or not depends in part on the technique used for the lift. There is a small chance that you would not be able to breast feed, but most patients can breast feed following a lift.

Restoring breast fullness after MWL

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss!  I can understand your disappointment if the deflation of your breasts.  Even in women who have not lost a lot of weight you can never get the same amount of upper pole fullness with a mastopexy alone that you do in a woman who needs only implants.  That's why so many women get implants with their lifts.  It is possible to have a naturally shaped slightly concave upper breast with mastopexies alone especially if you have a B cup breast volume or more to start with.  Fat grafting is new to the scene and many surgeons are wary of it.  Fat grafts carry with them your own stem cells and the concern is that these stem cells may stimulate the growth of undetected cancer in the breast.  They also create calcifications in the breast that are one sign of breast cancer.  Reports from some radiologists say that you can tell the difference in the calcificatins caused by fat grafting from those caused by cancer, but I would imagine that other radiologists may not want to risk the chance of being wrong and that could lead to biopsies and problems in the future for you.  Auto augmentation has not proven that great in my hands.  If you REALLY don't want breast implants then don't get them.  Your breasts will still look better than they do now.  If you change your mind the implants can be put in later.  I have women did just this and I think their results are actually better having had two separate operations.  Furthermore it is less risky in terms of blood supply to the tissues.  Don't despair.  What you have accomplished is huge and you should celebrate your success.  Good luck.

Autoaugmentation can provide upper pole fill

+2

Autoaugmentation is a procedure taht works well in some patients.  It uses your own tissue to provide fullness to the upper pole.  It is not suited for every patient, and the smaller the breast you start with (B cup for example) the less likely it is to provide the correction you desire.  There is a good chance that your 34DD breasts can be lifted and provide you the result you desire without an implant. It all depends on the distribution of your breast tissue and the position of your nipple.  Seek the advise of a surgeon who has experience with this procedure.  I think it is possble that  you will be satisfied by a lift  alone, but remeber you can always add an implant down the road if you are not.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift fullness without implants

+2

Mastopexy can create upper pole fullness. This is done by shaping the breast tissue.  A lot of surgons will tell you that you have to have an implant but you don't.

Avoiding the possable reoperation associated with implants is priceless.

Fat injection to the breast is a new proceedue that is being done but the safety of this procedure has yet to be proven.  Don't be first or last.

Lift without Implants

+1

I think the most important question to answer is whether you have enough native breast tissue to lift?     If you have  enough breast tissue, there are several techniques available to provide upper pole fullness to the breast without the use of implants.    However, if you only have breast skin remaining, with very little breast tissue, then you may require an implant to achieve an aesthetically pleasing result.   I wish you a safe and happy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implants necessary to gaim upper pole fullness

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! Photos would be helpful to determine whether you would benefit from implants to achieve your overall goals. In some cases, patients are pleased with a breast lift alone. A breast lift involves reshaping the breasts. Your results may depend on the quality of your skin and the amount of breast tissue you are starting off with.  Breast implants may be necessary to provide upper pole fullness and volume if you don't have sufficient breast tissue to "move" superiorly. Breast surgery does potentially reduce  the ability to breast feed (although the exact degree of reduction is unknown).

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Acheiving Upper Pole Fullness in Breasts

+1

In my opinion, only an implant will give you upper pole fullness.  You already have a good breast size, so in order to give you upper pole fullness without making the breasts too heavy, a combination of breast reduction and breast implant may be needed.  In other words, by doing this, we are adding size and weight to the TOP of the breasts, rather than having the breast tissue hang down. I hope this makes sense!

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Deflated breasts

+1
With nursing, weight gain and loss, or aging, the breast gland contracts to a smaller and denser amount from it's voluminous and sturdy beginnings. Breast lift incisions are in the bottom half of the breast which makes the "lift" actually a "push-up". To assess your result after a breast lift (only), push up the sagging part of the breast up to the bottom fold of your breast. What volume increase you see on top is the probable result of a lift only. In general, auto-augmentation/fat grafts have modest improvements at best, even in the most experienced hands.
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and upper pole fullness

+1

Upper pole fullness can be achieved in some individuals with a breast lift, but usually it is better with implants in most cases especially in women with small breasts.