Upper lip scar? (photo)

I had a cut between my nose and upper lip. The doctor gave me 2 stitches and I have been using the antibiotic ointment that the doctor gave. I have been applying the ointment for up to 2 weeks after the stitches were removed. I then started using a scar removal cream called Hiruscar. Its still red and seems to be caving inwards. I have attached a picture of the scar. Does it seem to be healing well? May I know how long it will take for it to be less visible? What else can I do?

Scar Healing

+1

Wound healing takes a year and you cannot speed it along. I prefer Kelocoat to protect scars and decrease redness but healing takes a year. You will be fine. Be patient. My Best, Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon