Upper Lip Raised Mole Removal. Mohs, Laser, Scalpel? (photo)

Hi, I have a mole on my upper lip (see picture) that I want removed more than anything. It's about 5mm wide and 2.5mm tall. I want to know what would be my best option to remove it, and what practician to see (Dermatologist/Plastic Surgeon). This is the biggest mole on my face but I also have other smaller (flat) moles (like the one next to it) that I want removed. As you can see I am light skinned so I wouldn't want a apparent scar to remain. Thank you very much Nick.

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss surgical options.

Removal of a raised mole on the lip

+1

Your moles are best removed by doing an excision with suture closure using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

For this surgery you can see either a dermatologic surgeon or a plastic surgeon. Look for a physician who is very experienced in cosmetic surgery and with whom you are comfortable. The experience and technique of your surgeon, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a nice result.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark bumpy moles do well being excised and the edges dermabraded.

+1

Really your only option for removal is excising the 2 moles and suturing them up followed by dermabrasion to blend the scars. It is easy to undergo under local and gets rid of the moles for good. Cost is roughly $350/mole. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon