Upper Lip Lift Scar Treatment?

Hello. I'll be two months post op in July. I started doing V-Beam right after the stitches were removed, so i've done two so far...doing them monthly until I don't know when yet. I use Kelocote every day & Wound-be-gone after lasering. I'm wondering if there are other options too? I'm not too concern about redness, bc I know it'll turn into a white line. My concern is that it's like a deep scratch like mark and when I smile, you can see it. I don't have keloid. Any other options, dermabrasia?

Upper Lip Lift Scar Treatment?

+1

I agree with my colleagues that it is impossible to advise you on how to proceed without photos. However, V beam treatments will help reduce redness while you're healing. Lip lift scars do tend to heal as a fine white line and are not often objectionable in appearance. It can take scars 6-12 months to fully mature. Time will likely result in significant improvement in the redness and visibility of the scar that concerns you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar after upper lip lift

+1

From what I can see in the picture, the scar looks pretty good. At this point in time, just wait and see what happens. It takes almost a whole year for a scar to totally heal.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Subnasal Lip Lift Scar Treatments

+1

Without seeing a picture of the scar (at rest and smiling) it is impossible to gauge the features of your upper lip scar. Knowing the features that make it noticeable can determine what, if anything, can be done to improve the scar. It is likely that the best treatment is going to be time. It is usually 4 to 6 months until the scar appearance significantly improves in my experience.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lip lift scar

+1

Need pictures or inperson examination to advise you.

Vbeam will not improve scars, nor any topicals.