Upper Lids Still Red, Inflamed After 4 Wks, Left Lower Lid Slightly Puffy. What to Do?

I had both upper and lower lids done 4 wks ago, including fat extraction and a 'deep stitch' on the corner of each eye to tighten the pouches. Surgeon says I have very 'reactive' skin (I'm a redhead, late 50's). The stitches on the corner of lower lids appear raised and red, and I am also concerned about the lower eyelid redness and puffiness of left eye. The stitches on the top lids are healing nicely, but entire upper lids are RED... The doc says time will heal all of this inflammation...

Blepharoplasty: Common Questions

+1
The redness of your upper eyelids may represent a multitude of other factors: dermatitis, telangiectasias, activity after surgery, etc. Often this will settle in time as most surgical wounds will develop a violacious color (which represents capillary ingrowth) before blanching to a white color. As for the lower lids and corner stitches – these seems to be following the same process of the upper lids. Unfortunately without an image the commentary above is purely speculative. I would still recommend that you follow-up with your surgeon and keeping them informed of your concerns.

Be healthy and be well,
James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS