Can I Have an Upper Lid Surgery at the Age of 25?

Hello I am 25 and have a heavy upper eyelid that constantly makes me look tired. I am now considering surgery because it is realy affecting my confidence. It does not affect vision in anyway only makes me look tired even when I had enough sleep

It is improbable that you will make the right choice at age 25.

+3

Unfortunately you are dealing with a profound information asymmetry when dealing with surgeons.  The there are two principle reasons persons your age seek eyelid surgery.  One is actually upper eyelid ptosis which is not actually improved by upper blepharoplasty.  The other issue is brow ptosis with relative fullness of the upper eyelid fold that may crowd the eyelid platform and make it difficult to apply make up.  Unfortunately when most eyelid surgeons "fix" this, they remove much of the upper eyelid fold which creates not a more beautiful eyelid but a more surgical appearing eyelid.  You will very much regret this surgical effect.  It is possible to have a careful performed anchor blepharoplasty that preserves your natural sub-brow fullness.  Please do much more studying of eyelid surgery and please be very careful so you don't end up surprised and disappointed.

Upper eyelid surgery at age 25

+1

It is uncommon to require upper eyelid surgery at age 25.  If the skin is touching the eyelashes and creating a heavy feeling, then it is possible to undergo a conservative upper blepharoplasty.

Brow Ptosis, Eyelid Ptosis, or Loose Eyelid Skin?

+1

In addition to brow ptosis and lid ptosis, there are other less common possibilities that cannot be ruled out on the basis of the information provided.  Some may require require medical treatment, and some would not benefit from surgery.  I would recommend a physical exam by a well educated surgeon of your choosing.

Eyelid surgery at age 25?

+1

Eyelid surgery can be even done in babies, if necessary.  That especially relates to upper eyelid droopiness, called ptosis.  On the other hand, excess skin removal from the upper eyelids, called upper blepharoplasty, is rarely performed in young people as excess skin is generally not an issue at that stage.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper lif surgery in a 25 year old

+1

I can not recall ever performing an upper lid blepahroplasty in a 25 year old. It is unlikley you would be a good candidate, but certainly talk to a doctor to e evaluated if you are concerned. 

Upper Blepharoplasty at age 25

+1

It is hard to determine without photos, or better yet examining you.  You could have a few different reasons for your heavy lid; brow ptosis (droop), excess skin, hyper-stretchable skin, etc.  Best to see an experienced eyelid surgeon.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

+1

I suspect the real issue is the eyebrows are low causing a false impression of excess upper eyelid skin.  Excess upper eyelid skin is quite rare in a 25 year old and if the brows are indeed the cause, an Upper Eyelid Surgery would cause the brows to drop even farther.  

+1

It is possible that you might be a good candidate for eyelid surgery at 25. You would need to post photos or seek a consultation to determine this for sure. Another important point to consider is that full upper eyelids usually result from heavy lids, drooping eyebrows or a combination of both problems. It is important to seek out an experienced surgeon who will determine the precise cause of the dropping lids and offer the best possible solution. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Upper Blepharoplasty at 25

+1

As with many kinds of cosmetic surgery, it is the degree of deformity and your tolerance for imperfection that are important and not necessarily your age. It is fairly common to do both upper and lower blepharoplasty on people in their 20's as there are a number of congenital lid problems such as discoloration and puffiness that become manifest at an early age.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Is upper eyelid surgery possible at age 25?

+1

It is possible that you could be a candidate for upper eyelid surgery, even at age 25.  Pictures of you would be helpful to give you better advice.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon