Upper Lid Hooding After Lower Bleph? (photo)

I had lower blepharoplasty 2 weeks ago with incision extending past outer corners. I now have significant hooding of upper lids, especially my right eye. PS thinks eyes look fine!

It is a bit early to judge.

+2

However, your lower belpharoplasty certainly does not make your eyes shine.  The outer corner does look a little pulled down.  The effect of making the upper eyelids appear hooded can be accurate but it also may be related to swelling.  I would give this another 6 weeks to settle down.  If it is not everything you want, I would not recommend having your current eyelid surgeons fix the situation.  Fixing this type of issue is very specialized.

Eyelid issues

+1

The lower eyelid surgery should not impact the uppers.  Swelling will impact the way the eyes look in general. You do have a little scleral show on the photos.  Follow with your surgeon closely, and follow his instructions.

Way too early to worry.

+1

ALthough the majority of bruising and swelling resolves in the first 2 weeks, residual swelling can last up to a few weeks...even a couple of months.

Be patient with your body. Lower lid surgery will not affect your upper lid hooding as a permanent result.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

2 Weeks After Lower Lid Blepharoplasty

+1

The pictures shown depict right lower eyelid retraction and chemosis.  This can sometimes occur after a lower lid Blepharoplasty.  Close follow up with the operating Surgeon, massage, and sometimes taping of the lower lids can be helpful.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon