Upper Lid Blephoraplasty - Too Much Skin Removed?

I had upper lid blepharoplasty done 1.5 yr ago,on my right eyelid only.I still cannot close my eye.My right eye is prosthetic. I had blepharoplasty because my right eyebrow has always been a bit lower than my left one and i have always had a bigger crease on the right eye.The right eye looks much smaller in volume now. Is the skin grafting the only answer? I'm very concerned about cosmetic side of it as I do not want to attract more attention to my right eye.Please help!

Need For Upper Eyelid Skin Graft ??

+1

It is impossible to answer your question accurately without seeing some pictures. Having an orbital prosthesis does some variables that a functioning eye does not have. But in general, skin shortage can really only be improved by the addition of skin through grafting.

Upper lid blephroplasty

+1

Without a proper evaluation it is difficult to say what is best for you. If too much skin was removed, then sometimes a skin graft is used.

Consider Reposting With a Photograph.

+1

You are asking a very technical question that really can only be answered with a personal assessment.  Anophthalmic socket situations do add a level of complexity to the situation as well.  The reason you describe having a right upper blepharoplasty is backward because it is well known that removing skin at the time of blepharoplasty causes the eyebrow to fall more.  You need to see a very experienced oculoplastic surgeon.  My website has some excellent examples of anophthalmic socket reconstruction including eyelid procedures in this setting.