Upper Jaw Surgery and Upturned Nose

My daughter had upper jaw surgery 4 weeks ago.During the consultation, our maxillofacial surgeon suggested he lift her nose “a millimeter or two.” Unfortunately,she said “OK.”For the first couple of days after surgery,she looked fine.Over the next week,her nose kept turning up more and more.Now,her nose is turned up so much when looking at her face head on, all you see are two HUGE nostrils.Still some swelling in upper lip and sides of nose but most is gone.What should we do?

Upturned nose and visible nostrils following combined rhinoplasty and jaw surgery

+1

I would wait at least 6 months prior to drawing any conclusions about the final result. Noses will typcially appear more upturned during the initial weeks and have a tendency to settle.