Fat Transfer Help Eye Hollowness?

Upper and lower hollowness around the eyes, with asymmetry of the eyelids. I've serious hollowness in my lower/upper eyes. I'm currently 16, and can date this problem since young age. I'm not thin, and have fat deposits in my belly and chest. I'm also in good health. Could fat transter benefit me, or any better procedures out there?

Filling Eyelid Hollowness in a 16 year old

+1

As a father of a girl your age I am extremely concerned with your focus and concern - "I'm currently 16, and can date this problem since young age". While you MAY have a slight imperfection, it is not related to the wasting and sagging seen with aging. With ail the matters that distract young people your age focus on slight imperfections and search for sure to disappoint surgical treatments is a very serious matter which may best be handled by a mental health professional.

Eye hollowness at a young age

+1

At your age, I would first recommend seeking evaluation for medical causes of your condition rather than seeking a cosmetic solution first.

Hollow eyes at 16?

+1

If your age is actually 16, I am concerned that you are being overly critical of yourself and maybe even have a form of Body Dismorphic Disorder in which you focus excessively on areas of your appearance that really aren't that bad.  These people are almost never happy even after treatments and surgery and need counseling instead of plastic surgery.  Just to be sure though, you should go to an excellent Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam.  But if they tell you that what you have is basically normal, please listen and try to gain a greater appreciation of yourself.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fat injections for eyelid hollowness.

+1
As there are risks with fat injections of the periorbital area, I would suggest you see an oculoplastic surgeon in consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Definitely an Option

+1

Fat transfer in that area is a good way to fill serious tear trough problems. Temporary fillers can also be of use. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm can be tried out first. If the results meet your expectation then fat can be injected. Fat should be injected by a person who actually knows what he or she is doing. Either a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Fat is a viable material and can die if manhandled. The drawback is multiple injections may be needed in addition to the possibility of lumpiness that can occur in that area.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist