Upper Front Teeth Crowded: It is Necessary to Pulled Before Invisalign? (photo)

hi, my upper front teeth were crowded and the dentist advised me that they need to pulled out two upper teeth; the right (second premolar) and the left (second premolar) before invisalign. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much. Attached photo

Pulling teeth

+1

Never say never. I can not tell from the photos about your bite. I strongly suggest your see an orthodontist and have a full case work up. Your Dr will then tell you what is best for the front crowding and your back bite. It's important for them to look good but also be healthy.Your Dr will best discuss ALL your options and show you before and after models.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Extractions for invisalign

+1

You have some significant crowding and while extracting 2 teeth will make the Invisalign go easier, I am NEVER in favor of extractions for orthodontic reasons.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Removal of teeth for Orthodontic (Invisalign) care

+1

As mentioned earlier, extraction of teeth can lead to a large number of future problems (specifically airway and TMJ) if the arch is narrowed.  Extractions should only be considered after all other options are explored first.  An Invisalign proposal called a clincheck could be performed first to see if it is possible to move teeth without extractions.  It only requires pictures and impressions to be sent to the company who scan everything into the computer which creates 3D models and performs the movements digitally using the large data base available.  A projection of difficulty, time, and a plan are proposed.  Do this before pulling teeth.  Good luck! 

Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Extracting Teeth for Invisalign

+1

While extracting 2 teeth will make the Invisalign go easier, I am NEVER in favor of extractions for orthodontic reasons. When you have teeth extracted, and the spaces then closed with Invisalign or standard braces, your arch becomes narrower. That could lead to "airway issues" later on in life, such as snoring, sleep apnea, and possibly TMJ pain. I would suggest getting another opinion on having your teeth straightened without extractions.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Pulling teeth...

+1

It is not uncommon to have to remove a few teeth when considering orthodontic appliances such as Invisalign.  The most common teeth removed are the premolars.  This allows for more space to move teeth especially in severely crowding teeth cases.  Sometimes by not removing the teeth the end result will be unsatisfactory.  

Portland Cosmetic Dentist