Is it necessary to have an upper facelift to anchor the lower facelift? (photo)

Is it necessary to do upper facelift with lower facelift?

+3

Is it necessary to do upper facelift with lower facelift? What a good question. It depends on how much sagging there is of the upper and lower face and eyelids. The usual answer you see is you can just do one or the other or stage them. This is true. However, you have so much sagging(sorry) that I would do all sagging parts at one time if I had my way. Forehead lift, upper and lower facelift with cheeklift. Otherwise you may not be happy. See an experienced surgeon who will give you the pros and cons of each part of the surgery.

Most faces age synchronously.

+2
  • Most most faces age synchronously. I think you would look quite strange if you did a neck lift only or and upper facelift only.

Not necessary to anchor an upper and lower face lift

+2

Patients can perform an upper or lower facelift depending upon what the presenting issues are, and do not have to be done together. For examples of brow lifting and lower facelifts please see the photo gallery on the link below

Upper face surgery with face lift

+2
You can do just the lower face if that is your main concern. Sometimes patients want rejuvenation of the entire face but it is not necessary to do at the same time. The recovery and costs are decreased when all is done together though. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Is an upper facelift required to anchor the lower facelift?

+2

Have reviewed you photographs and I would recommend a cheek neck lift with a possible upper lid blepharoplasty. Since you will be in the recovery phase any way after your surgery, a laser resurfacing around your mouth would really improve your overall result. In my experience only about 20% of my cosmetic facial procedures involve a full facelift. Good luck.

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Upper vs Lower Facelift

+2

We all have concerns about our appearance when we look in the mirror. If the heaviness of the cheeks are the only thing that concerns you-then you can have a cheek lift. I have performed this for several patients over the years and they were quite happy.

As cosmetic surgeons we would like to see both the face and neck tightened, but you are the boss. I would share your wishes with your doctor.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation Surgery

+1

Your photos show numerous signs of facial aging that I would address with browlift, facelift and necklift procedures done simultaneously. If you prefer to stage the procedures I would recommend starting with the browlift and working down. You may also be a candidate for eyelid surgery. In a separate stage you would also benefit from a total facial laser resurfacing. Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to come up with a treatment plan that works for you.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Lower with or without the upper?

+1

In general I consider the "face" to be the cheek and neck area as one unit. Looking at your photo this would be the case. Technically it is easier to surgically lift both areas at the same time. Upper facelifts alone are usually done on young patients who do not have any neck issues, or touch-ups on patients who have had an original facelift years before. Since the neck muscles and excess neck skin should be addressed in a full facelift usually the neck never has to operated on again.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is it necessary to have an upper facelift to anchor the lower facelift? (

+1

No, the two are anchored separately. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is it necessary to have an upper facelift to anchor the lower facelift?

+1

Not sure what your are asking. But based on looking at your posted photos you need a "complete" full face/neck lifting..