Upper Eyelids Too Hollow After Blepharoplasty and Brow Lift

Here is a picture of my upper eyelid job 1 week post op. I had a Brow lift too. My eye shape  has changed and I now have a thick lid without softness above my eye. My stitches are out tomorrow--should I be concerned or will this change? Please advise. Thanks so much!

One week is too early

+1

A browlift is a fairly extensive procedure which involves releasing the attachments to the bony orbit to allow the brows to be lifted.  This causes significant swelling and one week is not nearly enough to evaluate your operative results.

Be patient

+1

Fat injections can be employed to fill out hollow eyelids, but one needs to wait at least three months before embarking on that procedure. Since it has only been less than a week since your surgery, it is best to be patient and wait to see as the swelling subsides before doing any further revision surgery.

One month pictures will be more helpful

+1

One week after any procedure is too early to evaluate results. Even with minimal swelling and bruising, there are subtle changes that continue to happen for a couple of months.

Follow your doctor's recommendations and don't worry just yet. Remember also, eyes and brows are different one side from the other before surgery. They will be different after surgery too.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Too early to tell

+1

One week post-surgery is way too early to judge the results. Don't look at the surgical area too closely. Just make sure there are no serious complications like infection or bleeding and be patient. Things might change dramatically for the better as swelling resolves and muscle activity returns to normal. However, blepharoplasty and brow lifts, as well as any cosmetic procedure, should be customized to each patient and tailored to a patient's individual goals. This requires more communication than usually takes place.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

1 week is early to start getting worried

+1

Just the same as the response to your other questions, one week is very early to start getting worried. Also, it would be great if you could post a pre-operative picture as well to help make comparisons and to give more specific advice. If you are too hollow, then you may require fat grafting in the future, but you should wait several months before even considering any revision surgery. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Give it sometime

+1

One week is way early to access long term results. Give it some time ,at 4-6 weeks you will get to a stable situation and you could compare pre and post op pictures with your doctor. In any case even if you have to much fat removed or missing orginaly from your upper eye lid (A frame deformity), this could be addressed by a careful and conservative fat grafting.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS