12 days Post Eye Lift, Have Water Blister and Swelling, and Black Eye?

I had eye lift surgery 12 days ago and my right eye has like a water blister and swelling by the nose in corner . My eye lid . Will this go as the left eye is not so bad a little . Still have black eye under eye on right but not left . I had a family issue come up and I smoked . Stress is going to hurt my recovery :-( I am so worried . Echo

Swelling

+2

It sounds like you  are having normal post-operative swelling and bruising.  It is common for one side to be worse than the other, especially if you sleep on that side. The inner corner of the upper eyelid is a common place for the fluid to gather and appear like a blister.   If you have any concerns, it is always best to check in with your surgeon to assure you that all is well. Good luck

Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not unusual

+1

Everything you are describing seems relatively normal for your postoperative recovery.

The two things that I would recommend are to discuss this with your surgeon, and to stop smoking. It can certainly be irritating and prolong your healing process.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

I suggest you contact your surgeon for an assessment.

+1

It sounds like you bruised more than average after your eyelid surgery.  It also sounds like you may have chemosis (swelling of the conjunctiva).  This requires special management. If your surgeon was a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon, then he or she will have special training in how to management this issue.  If your surgeon was a facial plastic or a general plastic surgeon, then they will have fewer resources to examine and understand what is going on with the eye.  If this situation persists, assessment by an oculoplastic surgeon can be very helpful.

Warer blister, swelling, and black eye 12 days after surgery

+1

It is always difficult to say if something like this is normal without the benefit of seeing photos.  You might want to re-submit your question with photos of yourself.  However, it does sound like you are having a normal postop course.  What does your doctor say?

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon