Upper Eyelids Still Hard 6-7 Weeks After Full Incisional Double Eyelid Surgery

I had double eyelid surgery 6-7 weeks ago using the full incisional method. There is still some swelling making my crease a bit too high for my liking and my eyelids are still quite hard and numb to the touch. Is this normal? should it resolve in time?

+1

It is within normal limits for the eyelids to still be numb.  Slight swelling is also within the realm of normal at this point in some cases.  If the eyelids are hard at 6 to 7 weeks, then this needs to be examined.

Was this a first time operation?  Was there a significant hematoma?  Was there a post-op infection?  Was there a complication in surgery?  If everything was routine and the doctor doesn't see anything then it will probably heal in time.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling of double lid surgery

+1

Post operative healing is highly variable depending upon the surgery and the patient . If the surgery was more traumatic the healing wil also take more time. The best course of action is  allow afew more weeks for it to resolve and soften itself. You may also try one of the corticosteroid  eye oint ment topically