Upper Eyelids Are Drooping - What are my Options?

I am 25 years old and I was born with that puppy look, like people call. But now, I can't handle it because I feel that my sight is tired and my upper eyelids are dropping and I am very concern of how I am going to look as I get older. Is there any surgery non invasive or any cream?

Full Upper Eyelids

+2

Many people (including top models) have a full upper eyelid and brow. Yours seem very pretty in the picture you sent.  From your photo, it seems unlikely that your eyelids and brow are compromising your vision.  A visit to an Ophthalmologist can determine that for you, if that is your concern.

Certainly, you can consult a surgeon if you have an aesthetic concern.

As another respondent suggested, one can sometimes get a small degree of shape change and brow elevation with skillful use of BOTOX. You may or may not like the "look" that provides, but the BOTOX should wear off in a few months.

There are no creams that can elevate the eyelids or brow.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Droopy upper eyelids in a 25 year old

+1

It is hard to tell from your pictures because they were taken at an angle.  A straight on view would be helpful.  However, in the photo provided, I do not see a significant amount of drooping to either eyelid.  At age 25, I do not think that you would be a suitable candiate right now for eyelid surgery.  If you are still concerned, I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Names and addresses can be found in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.

James Tang, MD

Will eyelid surgery or Brow Lift open my eyes.

+1

From your photos, your eyebrows are lower than the aesthetic ideal and this is what's creating fullness of the upper eyelids.  The solution would be a Brow Lift, not an upper eyelid surgery.  In fact, in this scenario, if you had an upper Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, the Brows would wind up lower in position as the upper eyelid incision was closed.  Wait until you are ready to lift your eyebrows.

Options for drooping upper eyelids

+1

When the upper eyelid skin becomes too heavy and starts touching the lashes, a simple upper blepharoplasty operation can be performed through a skin only excision along the upper eyelid crease.  The stitches are usually dissolvable and patients can go back to work after approximately 10 days.  

Lateral hooded eyelids at age 25

+1

You are beautiful Lynda, and your orbital structure demonstrates a prominent lateral supraorbital edge that is considered exotic and very desireable in some cultures.  The concern you have about how this will look as you get older is not an indication for surgery at this time.  You have lots of time to research your options, and technology gets better as the years go by.  Look at your parents to determine how you may age.  What, in your parents' eyes, don't you want to see in yourself?

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid drooping

+1

Dear Linda,

If you feel like your eyes are getting tired, I would go get a medical check-up by an ophthamologist (not an optometrist).  It is rare for someone of your age to need eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, and given your look, I don't think it would help.  You want to make sure there aren't other things going on, medically speaking, that are causing your eyelids to become tired.  Try to make a note to see if the tiredness is worse at the end of the day versus when you wake up. 

If you are all cleared, I agree with the other docs, that a little Botox or Dysport under the outer part of your brow will give a little lift that you may like.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Options for drooping upper eyelids

+1

From your photos you do not appear to have drooping eyelids or eyelid ptosis.  It looks as if you have some very moderate lateral subbrow fullness.   From your photos and given your young age, I would caution you against any surgery at ths time.  In the future, as you age, you may want to consider a lateral brow lift, but I would not suggest this for you right now.  You could consider  a non surgical treatment such as botox, if you are not pleased with the result, at least the effect is reversible.  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid treatment for a 25 year old

+1

Unfortunately your photos are not taken in a standard fashion, and thorough examination is necessary to fully comment.  Usually 25 years old is very young to have aging issues actually affect your eyelids or brow.  If you are having heaviness in your eyelids that may be affecting your vision, you need a full examination to make sure you do not have a medical condition called eyelid ptosis, which is a weakness of the muscles and attachments that open your eyelid.  If indeed your issues are related to aging or abnormally full tissues, then typically the heaviness on the outer upper lid and brow area can be treated with Botox to help relax the muscles that pull your brow down.  Other options include, radiofrequency tightening of the brow region,  Surgical options might be minor blepharoplasty, with or without minimally invasive browpexy surgery.  Unfortunately creams would not be very effective in raising your eyelids or brows.  Again, a thorough evaluation is needed.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatments for Lifting Tired Eye Brows From Least to Most Invasive

+1

Hi Lynda,

You are in luck!  First of all, you are a very beautiful woman.  In order of least invasive to most invasive, you can have Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin injections for a pharmacological brow lift.  Ultherapy by Ulthera is a scientifically and clinically proven treatment that can lift the brows by 2 mm using non-invasive ultrasound energy in an office 30 minute procedure.  Lastly, you can have a surgical brow lift, endoscolpic being less invasive than coronal.  What ever treatment that you choose, make sure to choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr.  P

Add:  See below web reference for more on Ulthera eye brow lift, and video below of Ulthera treatment on Dr. Oz

Michael A. Persky, MD

Lateral brow fullnes

+1

HArd to say from one oblique photo, but a good exam could help. In general, it is rare to do anything for a 25 year old to treate the lateral fulness. In fact, lateral fullness is a sign of youth( Look at Catherine Zeta-Jones). If you wnat a slight elevation I would consider Botox to the tail of the eyebrow.