Upper Eyelids Are Very Asymetrical After Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I am 3 weeks post op upper and lower blepharoplasty. It seems to me upper eyelids were cut unevenly. When my eyes are open they look totally different. right onecan be closed only with effort and looks more open then the left one. I did not exercise, eat too salty food and kept head elevated at all times, did not lift heavy and slept on my back only. What do you think? Thank you!

Upper Eyelids Are Very Asymetrical After Blepharoplasty?

+3

I guess I will be the expert that says to you - WAY TOO EARLY to be SO concerned!. Only 3 weeks and I see in your posted photos residual dis coloration. Incisions look great. What are you attempting to do? Your result is very good. Just take a little relaxation time to allow more healing. 

It can take several months to see final eyelid surgery result.

+2

Hi.

I don't see any urgent problem in your eyelids.  It's possible that you will need a touch up, but leave things alone for three months.  You will probably be fine.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Please send front view pictures

+2

It is hard to evaluate your results because of the pictures and too early post surgery. Your upper lid incisions are fine for this stage post surgery. Your frontal view before and after picture can be helpful and i would wait at least three months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Early Result After Blepharoplasty

+1

Three weeks is too early to judge your final result after a blepharoplasty.  I tell patients that it sometimes takes as long as a year for the lids to fully heal.  It is always easier to evaluate a patient in person, but from your pictures I think your incisions look fine.  There is still some swelling.  You should talk with your surgeon about your concerns, but I think everything will heal well.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon