Upper Eyelid Surgery Infection 4 Days Post Op?

I had bilateral blepharoplasty done 4 days ago and developed an infection 2 days post op. The new antibiotics are working...thank God. I get the stitches out in two days. I know it's normal to swell but, is it normal for one eye to droop 3 to 4 mm longer than the other ??

Upper Eyelid Droop

+2

This may be normal for you.  Swelling may be greater on one eyelid versus the other producing a heavier lid and more droop.  The swelling will decrease and this droop will improve.

Best Wishes.

Dr. ES

Recovery after upper blepharoplasty

+2

Was the infection you had after your upper blepharoplasty only on one side or on both sides?  If it was only on one side, then the infected side most likely would have more swelling than the other and this could cause more drooping on that side.  Even without an infection, it's not unusual for one side to heal a little faster than the other, so some asymmetry in the early post operative period is not uncommon.  Normally over time, the sides will even out.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon