Blood Pooling Under Eye 2 Weeks Post-Blepharoplasty

I Just Had Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery 2 Wks Ago Today, I had the stitches removed yesterday,and i have a pooling of blood under my left eye, besides warm moist heat and massaging upwards what else can I do to rid this?

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+2

By blood pooling I assume that you are describing a bruise. While we expect most bruising from eyelid surgery to have resolved by 10 days post op, occasional patients will bruise a little more. This may be bad luck or you may need to be a little more cautious about your post op activity level. In any case, only time will cure it. Warm compresses and elevation will speed things up.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pulsed Dy eLaser For Blood Pooling

+1

This can be normal for a few days.  To expedite bruising or blood pooling, I do recommend a pulsed dye laser.  We use this laser for all types of bruises for post-injections and more.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blood pooling after blepharoplasty

+1

Hi!  If your situation is one of simple post-op bruising, then all the measures you mentioned - time, warm compresses, massage and so forth are entirely appropriate.  Some people try arnica montana to help clear their bruises a bit faster, but the science on this is not so clear cut.

If you have an actual hematoma, with a significant collection of blood underneath the skin, this may benefit from either needle aspiration or even surgical removal.

Your blepharoplasty surgeon can help you sort these out.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Blood pooling following bleph

+1

This should improve with time - warm moist heat and massage will help but it does take time for the body to clear it.  Good luck.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Blood Pooling Under Eye 2 Weeks Post-Blepharoplasty

+1

Hi Sass,

Contact your blepharoplasty surgeon.  With time your problem should resolve.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Prolonged Bruising After Blepharoplasty Surgery

+1

In most cases bruising after blepahroplasty is resolved within 7 to 10 days. Some patients heal more slowly.

Warm compresses and gentle massage can help. I also recommend that patients use oral herbal supplements such as Arnica and Bromelein.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blood pooling

+1

sassycass, by blood pooling I am assuming your are referring to the purple discoloration under the eye, rather than a pool of blood. In the second scenario you would have to go back and see your surgeon for him to remove it. If you are concerned about the discoloration, it is not unusual to still have some bruising after 2 weeks. Some people believe that Arnicha Montana, a  natural supplement can seep up get rid of the bruising, although no medical evidence exists for this.

Hope that helps.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon