Upper Eyelid Skin Pinch to Correct Symmetry?

I have always had a slightly smaller left eye & after optical surgery was left with a fuller upper lid. I tried to correct this with a bleph & have recently had muscular surgery to reduce lid retraction on my right eye which has worked to a certain extent. The surgeon now says if I want to to improve tightness & fullness on left eye I need to have a skin pinch. I would like to reduce this eye not make bigger.

Eyelid Rejuvenation

+1

Aperture discrepancies in the absence of ptosis may be altered with upper blepharoplasty techniques.  Sometimes, these cannot be fixed with conventional techniques.  An exam is needed to sort these issues out. 

Persistent eyelid asymmetry

+1

It is difficult to assess without examination or photo.  Eyelid asymmetry could be due to many factors including asymmetry in skin or fat, eyelid height, underlying facial/bony asymmetry, etc.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Reducing the "frame" around the eye is truly rejuvenating. Microfat grafting is the solution

+1

Dear lady,

although I cannot assess your problem properly without seeing your pictures, your wish is probably to return to your youthful appearance. The misconception of eyelid surgeons of the last 4 decades was to take away skin and fat, whereas the eyelids actually loose volume with age in most cases.

The way to treat this, and to make your eye(s) smaller again would be microfat grafting. This is a delicate method of lipofilling or fat grafting which allows to control the shape of the orbit. 

I am sure that many surgeons in your area offer this treatment. Ask for experience and pre-post pictures though.

Good luck!

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon