Horrible Headache After Having Upper Eye Lift, Facelift and Necklift 2 Weeks Ago, Normal?

I am happy with the result but I have a killer headache. It almost feels like congestion across my forehead. Is this normal?

Headache after surgery

+1

Headaches can be from alot of differnet things. If it is the worst headache you ever had, in the back of my  mind, I always worry about patients having a stroke.  In this case, you should go to the emergency room immediately to be evaluated. If it is a "normal" headache, it may be from the surgery, dehydration, swelling, etc.. Usually tylenol may help this. You should contact your surgeon either way to be evaluated.

Head ache after facelift

+1

Although this is not common, tesion headache after such procedures is not rare. Frequently the cause may be the muscle tension from the face or neck lift. This can be improved with a short course of muscle relaxants and none steroidal anti-inflammatory medication. You may also be experiencing eye sensitivity due to dry eyes from the upper lid procedure which may improve with artificial tears and limiting reading activity. If this problem persists, you should definitely bring it to your doctor's attention.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

No this is not at all normal.

+1

I think this is something you need to bring to the attention of your surgeon.  You may be experiencing dry eye and  a headache is how you interpret this discomfort.  It may be something else.  Whatever it is it is not normal.  For this reason, contact your surgeon immediately and have them assess you.  If necessary, consider being evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon or a cornea specialist if your surgeon lacks the specialized equipment and skills needed to examine the eye surfaces.