Upper Eye Lid Surgery?

I just had an upper eye lid surgery two days ago, every thing went good so far, but my left eye it looks better, I dont have any bruises just swollen in the upper part of my eye , how ever under the right one I have bruises like purple reddish color and more swollen, I have to go back to work in five more days and I an afraid It wont go away by then, what should I do beside cold compress and Ice ?

Upper blepharoplasty recovery

+2

It is not at all unusual for one eye to heal faster than the other after upper (or lower) blepharoplasty.  With more time, your appearance will even out.  In regards to the bruising you have below your right eye, ice and cold compresses are helpful for the first few days.  There are some people who feel that Arnica can help bruising resolve faster.  There are topical preparations and oral preparations of Arnica.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon, as they may have Arnica or something similar that could possibly help.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slight asymmetries normal

+1
Slight asymmetries are normal after eyelid surgery.   With time it should improve. You will need makeup and sunglasses to return to work.  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Upper eye lid surgery two days later

+1

Assume that bruising after a blepharoplasty will last one to two weeks. Speak to your surgeon about cover-up.

One eye swollen and bruised after surgery

+1

It is very common to have one eye more swollen and bruised than the other.  In fact I would say it is less common to have no bruising.  Continue the ice, keep your head elevated and most of all take it easy and keep your blood pressure down.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Asymmetry after Blepharoplasty

+1

It is very normal to be more swollen and bruised on one side versus the other 2 days after a blepharoplasty.  Most of my patients notice dramatic improvement of their bruising and swelling at 5 to 6 days.

I recommend elevating your head as much as possible over the next few days which will help reduce your swelling.  Green based make-up is helpful in camouflaging your bruising if need be.  Please check with your surgeon before using make-up on your incisions.  I usually let my patients start make-up at seven days post-op.

Jennifer L. Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+1

Bruising and swelling are normal after eyelid surgery and usually peak 2-3 days after surgery. The appearance of your eyes should get better from here. It is also normal for one eye to bruise more than the other. Give your eyelids some time to heal and they will look a lot better. Hopefully most of the swelling will be gone by 7 days after surgery, but you may still have some bruising. Buy a thick concealer to help cover the bruising as much as possible. I am certainly not an expert on makeup, but several of my patients seem to like a product called Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer. It is very thick and seems to cover bruises better than more expensive products such as Dermablend.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon