I had upper Eyelid Surgery a week ago. What should I be doing to help the scar heal & look the best possible?

Upper eyelid scar care

+1
All you should be doing is gently washing the area once a day and then leaving it alone. If the incision was sewn well and if you have no genetic tendency to scar badly I would expect you to heal terrific without any needed intervention on your part

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eye lid surgery recovery

+1
  • Usually it is best to leave the surgery alone.
  • Your surgeon should have given you detailed instructions about his/her approach to care.
  • It is best to follow those instructions - best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Simply follow your surgeon's instructions to the letter.

+1
If you have any questions about what you should be doing, these questions are best directed to your surgeon, not to surgeons who are uninvolved with your care.  If is absolutely critical to do what your surgeon advises so you get the best possible outcome.