Upper Eye Lid Surgery After Fillers?

I had an upper eye lid surgery 2 days ago, I have bruises and swelling which I know is normal . but my concerning is that I had restylaine injected on my cheeks for volume 2 weeks ago and I am afraid the surgery because the edema that I have under my eyes will ruin the work of the fillers , should I will need to be injected again ?

Fillers in cheeks and eye surgery

+2

The swelling and bruising should not impact the fillers at this point. As the swelling and bruising subside, the cheek will look similar to before the surgery.

Fillers in the cheek are not affected by surgery on the upper eyelids

+2

Although the surgery was limited to the upper eyelids, lower eyelids and cheek areas may show passive bruising and swelling at times.  Since the swelling is just passing through the cheek area, it should not affect the filler that you have in your cheek.  Whether you need more fillers in you cheeks in the future is based on your aesthetic sense and not the fact that you had an upper eyelids surgery.

Seung K. Kim, MD

Filler should not be impacted

+1

The filler injected before surgery should not be effected by surgery.  As the swelling decreases, your filler will look similar to what it did prior to surgery.

Ronald R. Hollins, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid swelling will not effect fillers

+1

The temporary swelling from upper lid surgery will not effect filler in the cheeks. Did you discuss this concern with your surgeon?

C. Dennis Bucko, MD