Upper Breast Swelling Ten Days Post-op...is This Normal?

Swelling after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal to have a fluctuation in swelling after a breast augmentation.  Most people swell immediately after surgery then it gradually subsides over about a week. However, it is common as patients begin to become more active to have swelling reoccur along the superior aspect.  This is usually due to spasm of the pec muscle from over use.  Take it easy and you should improve.  I hope this help you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Upper breast swelling

+1

I am assuming that you had a breast augmentation. Upper pole swelling is fairly common and may represent swelling and implant position. It usually gets better with time.

Upper breast swelling ten days postop

+1
Assuming you had breast augmentation, having fullness in the upper pole of the breasts is normal at this stage. If the implants were placed under the muscle, they usually take 3-6 weeks to drop/settle, but can take up to 6 months. As the implants settle, the fullness should resolve.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after breast surgery

+1

You do not say what surgery you had so I am assuming that it was breast surgery and yes, swelling in the upper breast is expected 10 days after breast surgery. Depending on what surgery you had, the swelling can take up to several months to resolve.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon