Do I Need Upper Body Lipo?

Hi! I am 20 years old, 5'4 and 124 lbs. I feel my body is disproportioned since I have broad shoulders, big arms, big bust but skinny legs, smaller hips and little fat in buttocks. I eat really healthy and do exercise regularly but my genetics keep me from having a more delicate and balaced figure. Would I be a good candidate for upper body lipo (including arms) and fat transfer to buttocks? Or would upper body lipo alone (making my waist smaller) is enough for buttocks to appear larger?

Liposuction of the waist

+2

You have a nice figure already.  You could likely improve your figure further with diet and exercise.  Liposuction around your waist and inner thighs, as well as fat grafts to your buttocks, could improve your figure even more.

Lipo of upper body

+2

I am not a big fan of lipo to treat someone who really does have a good body. I do think you can maximize your lifestyle with refinements in your workout regimen and diet before considering lipo. consider zerona since it can target those areas to release the fat without permanently removing the fat cells.  that is a good thing because once the fat is removed from those areas your future weight gain will definitly be in a different (often undesirable) area. also irregularities are always possible and difficult to treat. can you tell I'm really selective about who I do Lipo on? good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Continued exercise and fitness routine not liposuction is the best option for you

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I do understand your concerns but looking at your photographs you're very normal and do not have excess fat. In my experience attempting to do liposuction to compensate for a normally large body frame is not successful.

You look very good and are very normal and I would think long and hard about having liposuction.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Do I Need Upper Body Lipo?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Could minor lipo add you? YES but! You need an expert liposuctionist because you need so little. Be careful out there. 

Upper body liposuction to give a balanced look

+1

Thank you for the photos. Although these show only a back view, limited advise can be given. You seem to have a small amount of localized fat at the waistline and over the posterior rims of the pelvic bones. Your buttocks look round laterally, but I cannot comment on projection due to lack of a side view. Since you already have a nice figure, this additional contouring would give you an additional improvement of your mid and lower back. I would not recommend liposuction of your arms. The small amount of fat collected from these areas can be transferred to the buttocks to enhance posterior projection.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

What Should I do for a More Balanced Look?

+1

You would need to have a full examination and discussion with your plastic surgeon to decide what would procedures would be best for you.  However, judging from your pictures, some traditional liposuction around your hips and flanks would make waist line look thinner and enhance the natural contours of your bottom.  You could benefit some from arm lipoplasty  to tighten the upper arms too. 

However, I would recommend you avoid buttock fat autoaugmentation.  This procedure could leave your bottom with lumpy fat deposits and irregularities.  Hope this helps, Erez Sternberg, MD.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Upper Body Lipo?

+1

Nothing substitutes for a full examination or barring that, a full set of photographs. But from based on the photographs provided, liposuction of the back could go a long way to provide you with a much more attractive and narrow waist as well as much better definition of the upper buttocks. I do NOT think that liposuction of the arms would be beneficial.

Dr. Peter A Aldea