Had Upper Blepharoplasty 2 Days Back. Is my Healing Normal? (photo)

I underwent upper Blepharoplasty 2 days back. It was done under local anesthesia. At the time of surgery I could smell something burning hence I assume that laser was used. After 30 minutes doctor allowed me to go home. He gave one anti-biotic tablet Local cleaning by solution, followed by an ointment. Next day he saw me and told to come after 12 day for suture removal. Is my healing normal? Is 13 days normal for suture removal ? Is it ok , if I don't see doctor for 12 days?

Remove eyelid sutures early

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Your swelling does not appear to be unusual for two days but it is highly unusual to not see your surgeon for so long after your procedure and your sutures need to be removed in less than a week or you will have cysts develop where they enter the skin. The smell was due to a cautery to burn blood vessels and not likely from a laser. Get back in to see your surgeon soon!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Had Upper Blepharoplasty 2 Days Back. Is my Healing Normal?

+1

Each surgeon has their own care plans and suture removal timing. Was the surgeon a boarded PS?? In most cases I remove upper lid sutures by 4 to 5 days, rarely 7 days, but that is my practice.