Should I worry about a cascade of consequences like brow or eyelid "margin" asymmetry due to work done? (photo)

Upper Blepharoplasty Asymmetry: Right Eye Medial Droop & A-Frame High Crease; Left Eyelid Lots of Skin & Low Crease. Male 45 yrs 10 months ago bilateral bleph & thru the same eyelid incisions had endotines inserted & anchored over eye brows. L. endotine still undissolved. R. eyelid skin required more removal, R. brow/eye still bit numb; mild tension when R. eye gazes upper R. I still get nausea looking there more than 3 seconds. Need revision. Full Brow lift? Fat transfer? Steroid shots to incision?  Thanks

Upper eyelid surgery and problems still at 10 months

Thank you for your question.  It is unusual to have all the issues listed in your question.  I myself do not combine multiple procedures through the upper eyelid incisions as to not complicate an already delicate procedure.  I would recommend that you see someone who is specialized in complicated eyelid problems.  Seek a qualified board-certified occulo-plastic surgeon, locally.  Best of luck!  Dr. Marc DuPere, board-certified Toronto plastic surgeon, with an office in Richmond Hill, 416.929.9800.

209-179 John Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1X4

It sounds like you need a full evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon.  It is difficult to give you any recommendations with everything that you are describing. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Complicated Problems Following Blepharoplasty and Brow Lift

Hi Kent,

In our area I would recommend seeing one of the following very fine oculoplastic surgeons:  Robert Goldberg @ UCLA; Jonathan Hoenig (Beverly Hills or Encino); or Steven Dresner (Santa Monica).  Best,

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Revisional eyelid surgery

You have a complicated problem requiring careful in person exam to evaluate the problem(s) and go over possible treatment options. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Post op asymmetry after brow lift/blepharoplasty

Thanks for the photos. You described several issues, some of which requires face to face evaluation in order to sort out what's source of the problem. The endotine should dissolve and may take up to one year. The numbness may not return completely since it's 10 months post surgery. If you need revision I recommend wait at least one year before proceeding. It's critical prior to any revision surgery, the etiology or source of the asymmetry is diagnosis so proper corrective surgery can resolve your issues. Talk with your surgeon and consider getting a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis and treatment plan.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

76 N Hudson Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101

Eyelid asymmetry

The endotine will dissolve over time and the numbness may or may not get better. hard to say what is going on with the one eye without an exam in person.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Eyelid Surgery Issues

There are a multitude of issues in this postoperative description, some of which may improve spontaneously (Endotime absorption, numbness, etc.). The only way to sort through your concerns is via an in-person consultation and examination.  Before seeking another consultation, I urge you to  fully discuss your concerns with your operating Surgeon.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

Eyelid problems post op

This is really a hard question to answer in the forum without a physical examination.  Possibly there are minor things that can be done to help you achieve improved symmetry.  If your brows are asymmetric then possibly an internal brow pexy may be benficial instead of a full brow lift.  I was never a big fan of the endotine,  they tend to be palpable for a long time.  I would avoid steroid injections to the eyelids as they can cause more problems.  

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Eye asymmetry after surgery.

Eye asymmetry after surgery needs to be evaluated in person for a proper answer. Endotine will dissolve eventually.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210