24 Days Post Bleph, and Inner Corner of Eyes Are Swollen and Feel a Pulling Sensation?

Hi I Had Upper  Blepharoplasty 24 Days Ago, my eyes look good except for about 1/4 of the inner corner, they are still quite swollen, and i feel a " pull" there when I try to open my eyes wider, is this dues to the swelling? and how long before it goes away? sry no picture? thank you

Blephatoplasty (eyelid surgery) And Swelling

+1

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Without a photo and physical examination, it is hard to assess your current status.

Nonetheless, at 3 weeks post surgery swelling is common even in some areas more than others. So you have to be a little more patient and to consult with your physician as he/she has all the details of your surgery and could have you start a given massaging technique, simple and efficient.

It is important that you follow your surgeon's instructions pretty well.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Pulse

+1

Time and some cool icing is still important for many patients.  Try to cut down on salty foods and do not bend over too much over the next two months.  Try to decrease swelling over the short and long haul of healing.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time will improve swelling

+1

When cosmetic or reconstructive surgery is performed, there will be a residual tightness that will develop because in most instances skin is removed and underlying tissue tightened.

Now, depending on the body part that was operated on, that tightness may just be annoying, or it can have adverse effects on the function of that body part.  That tightness will more likely than not improve bit by bit, day by day, though it may take a few months. The process can be accelerated with precise massage of the affected body part in the proper direction/vectors. The massage should not be done too soon [ waiting at least 2 weeks is a good rule of thumb]

You should NOT start massage on your own. This  MUST be approved by your surgeon, and he/she can explain the direction/duration/firmness of the massage.

If your eyelids are not closing properly, it can lead to both the feeling of tightness and the sensation of dryness and foreign body sensation. This usually will improve with time, though sometimes intervention with massage and/or lubricating tears/ointment may be necessary.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon