Very Seriously Considering Upper Blepharoplasty, 20 Yrs Old, Am I a Good Candidate?

Im a 20 y/o and wondering if it's possible to undergo upper blepharoplasty.When looking at my eyes in person you can see very little eyelid as i have naturally hooded eyes.People usually say 'you look tired' or think i look angry.I would also like to be able to wear eyeshadow as currently the crease of my eyelid is hidden so much. Because of my age my skin isn't sagging like most people that undergo this surgery so i'm wondering if it is still possible?Looking for surgeons in Adelaide, Australia

You have beautiful eyes- Don't mess it up!

+1

You have a natural variant of beautiful eyes. The heaviness of the upper lids you describe creates a sultry look. The fact that you have a hard time putting on eyeshadow should be deemed a plus. Don't rush plastic surgery!

Youthful Eyes!

+1

Based on the submitted pictures I would not recommend an upper lid blepharoplasty.  Pictures do not substitute for a well executed physical exam.  Consult with a couple of board certified plastic surgeons for recommendations.

Blepahroplasty at Age 20? No Way

+1

Based on the photos provided, I do not see any indications for Blepharoplasty or any other aesthetic procedures (invasive or noninvasive).  You have beautiful eyes and I believe that aesthetic improvement in your situation is not realistic.  As a Surgeon, I love to perform surgery on patients who I feel I can help and make a significant change; surgical intervention will provide no benefit aesthetically in your situation. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Leave your Eyes Alone!

+1

The next time you flip through a fashion magazine take a close look at the eyes of the models. In most of them, women in their teens and twenties, you will see only a sliver of the upper eyelid, if it is visible at all. In many, the upper lid is completely obscured by soft tissue fullness between the brow and eyelashes, which I sometimes refer to as the 'brow roll'. Perusing the fashion magazines provides quick confirmation that the youthful upper lid is not a skeletonized upper lid.

Your eyes are lovely.  

Web reference: http://michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty in 20 Year Old Beauty

+1

Gid Day Aussie,

You have beautiful eyes!  Don't you dare let anyone operate on you for at least the next 20 years!  If anything, those who are commenting that you look "angry" are reacting to the arch of your eyebrows.  That can be treated with Botox/Dysport/Xeomin, or with Ulthera.  If you wish to conservatively tighten the skin of your eyelids, I would treat you with Fraxel repair.  Be very conservative and don't ruin your natural beautiful looks.  Most importantly, choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Upper blepharoplasty is NOT for you.

+1

Upper blepharoplasty is NOT for you. Your eyes are beautiful the way they are--leave them alone. You can always find some surgeon to do this. 

The risk of blepharoplasty is not justified in your situation

+1

I agree that if you do have surgery, it must be subtle and precise. But I really think you have beautiful eyes and so the small benefit of surgery does not justify the risk of complications. I would advise you to spend the money on a nice vacation somewhere and think about surgery 10 years from now.

Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Heavy eyelids: extra skin or ptosis or both?

+1

In looking at your photos [not a substitute for an exam, but helpful], it appears that not only do you have some fullness to your lids [a combination of skin/fat and decreased distance between eyes and brows], but you have mild ptosis [droopiness] of the eyelids, the so-called "bedroom eyes" look.

In my opinion, a very conservative skin excision [with absolutely no fat removed], in combination with a conservative ptosis repair [elevating the eyelid itself] would give you a very good result.

However, I would recommend an examination by an oculoplastics specialist so that they can perform a very specialized eyedrop test that will temporarily elevate your eyelids. This is useful for 2 reasons:  firstly, it will give you an opportunity to see what your eyelids will look like post surgically [similar to a computer simulation, but in real life]. Obviously this is not exact simulation as it cannot reproduce the skin removal portion of the surgery. Secondly, it will help the surgeon decide what technique of ptosis repair to use.

I think you have beautifully shaped eye/eyelids, and any change needs to be subtle to give you a satisfactory result.

Best regards
seattleface com

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

You will have a very difficult time finding an appropriately conservative eyelid surgeon.

+1

Dear Aussie

Yes you have an issue.  Your issues are that your upper eyelid is heavier than it should be.  Also you have a degree of eyebrow heaviness.  Unfortunately these issues will be met with crude assessment tools.  Most eyelid surgeons do not really know how to individualize their upper eyelid surgery.  The most important feature that has to be protect with the fullness of the eyelid below the eyebrow itself.  Yet this is precisely the structure that will be cut out and thrown away with upper eyelid surgery.  Surgeons often mistakenly think they need to "go big or go home."  This leads to a skeletonized upper eyelid where the beautiful fullness of this fold is excised making the upper eyelid hollow.  WIth this heavy tissue removed, there is no incentive to hold the eyebrows up so the naturally relax to their lowest position:  Surgery causes a hollow upper eyelid and a fall in the eyebrow.  How do you prevent is type of out come?  Very, very difficult because it is sometimes hard to know if your potential surgeon is even listening.  In looking at your photos, you needs a detailed oculoplastic assessment.  I suspect that you need tightening of the levator apponeurosis which is the tendon that raises the upper eyelid.  This can be done as part of an anchor fixation upper blepharoplasty.  You need very little skin removed but it will need to be adjusted to the new eyelid height.  Other options?  Be very careful with an endoscopic forehead lift but this might be an option.  Botox to lift the eyebrows can be helpful.  You can study my microdroplet method on my website.  Or you can wait before actually having eyelid surgery but again these same concerns will exist at a later date.  Remember, a better outcome of surgery is just one of the potential outcomes.  It is the desired outcome but it is not always the outcome we get.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/eyelid/

Blepharoplasty in 20 year old woman

+1

An upper eyelid lift can be performed - the greater question to me is whether you should.

If eyelid skin is removed (and everybody has a little bit of extra), the lid crease is raised leading to a more open eye appearance.

After looking at your photographs, I think you have attractive and youthful eyes; I like the fullness of your upper lids. Personally, I would advise you against upper blepharoplasty. The eyes will look slightly different but probably not better. This may be change a little over the next 15 or 20 years, but for the time being, enjoy what you have!

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon