I had upper bleph surgery 9 days ago. Is the incision line too high? (photo)

Surgeon insists that lines will move further down into crease when swelling subsides. he extended out past brow on left eye. this eye had more ptosis and fat in corner. is this just a hack job or any truth to what he says? i'm so worried that i'll end up the bride of frankenstein

High Bleph Incision

Thanks for the picture. The incision appears a bit high.  It is unlikely that the incision will move down but I would wait 3 months or so render final judgment on the outcome,

Dr. ES

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Incisions appear high

but as your surgeon said, allow healing to occur then you can judge.  I can't say my incisions go down after healing but techniques do have different healing so if you had ptosis repair or wanted 'bedroom' eyes, it could influence where the incisions are placed.  Regardless, if its not good when you are healed, your surgeon should be willing to work with you to achieve the best results.  If not, that is what social media is for.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Upper eyelid asymmetry

Upper eyelid asymmetry
An experienced surgeon carefully measures and marks out lid incision. Therefore permanent final scar placement should be quite symmetrical. The final result of upper eyelid might not be apparent for at least 3 months. You look quite good for only 9 days after surgery, have patience.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Bleph incision too high?

Thank you for your question. It's to soon to tell what the final result will be. As the residual swelling goes down the incision line may look different then it does now. Be patient, you should wait 6-12 months before you decide whether you are happy or not with the scar. A corrective scar revision can be done if needed. Keep your surgeon informed about your concerns.

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

1810 116th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

I had upper bleph surgery 9 days ago. Is the incision line too high?

Very hard to comment after ONLY 9 days!!! Allow 3 months of healing than decode if you are dis satisfied with the result.////

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

You are very early in the healing phase.

It is hard to see in this picture, but your right brow is a little higher than the left, so the crease may appear higher as well.  Sometimes there is a difference early on due to swelling, etc., so just give it time.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

2912 S. Douglas Rd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134

9 days after a blepharoplasty incision

At 9 days post blepharoplasty you will have a lot of swelling. You have to give it a few months for the swelling to subside to see the final position of your incisions.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028