Upper Bleph Scars at 2+ Weeks Post-op - Worried? (photo)

I had upper and lower bleph done on Dec. 27. I saw my PS on Friday and he said that the right side is lagging behind the left in healing... I am worried that the scars are not optimal, and I'm even worried that a piece of the non-disolvable stitch is embedded on the right side, making the scar appear a little darker at the outer edge. Should I be concerned at this point? I was worried about having any tell-tale signs of having had surgery, and sure enough, the scars are more than I bargained for so far.

Scarring Two Weeks Post Blepharoplasty

+1

You are just beginning to heal since your incisions are still fresh. Healing takes time, sometimes weeks to months. The redness should subside, but you need to give it more time. I recommend speaking with your surgeon if you are still having worries. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very Early

+1

You are extremely early in the evolution of this healing process for this incision and scar improvement will occur for many weeks and months to come.

The redness will surely fade. The outer portion of the incision is slightly more visible as it doesn't fall perfectly within your eyelid crease. This may be due to swelling and could improve in time.

Be patient, and you should have very nice results.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

2 week old scar???

+1

Please allow healing to occur. Discuss this with your surgeon to better understand healing phases of surgery. 

Upper Bleph Scars at 2+ Weeks Post-op - Worried?

+1

These are fresh, healing incisions and the scars are typically pink at this stage following an Upper Blepharoplasty.  The scars should lighten to your skin color within a month or so.  I typically place the outer segment, of the upper Blepharoplasty incision, a bit lower in the natural contour of the upper eyelid skin which has a tendency to hide the scar a bit better IMHO.

Blepharoplasty scarring

+1
These are fresh surgical scars. You have just begun to heal. You have a good result and the scars should go on to heal to the point of being imperceptible. In terms of the end of the wound, the scar is just a bit more spread there and I doubt that a suture is implicated but discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

3 Weeks after Upper and Lower Bleph

+1

The bruising and swelling is much reduced at this time, and the scars appear to be fine in quality.  It is very likely that you will have imperceptible scars in a few months time.

Blepharoplasty scars

+1

You look awfully young to have had a 4 lid bleph!  Nevertheless, scars are worst around this time.  Stick close to your doctor for advice regarding the appropriate time for cover-up makeup. Time is your best ally in scar healing and maturation.  Remember, the surgeon makes the incision and closes it using the best modern techniques, and it is your body that makes the scar.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS