Upper Belly Bulging After Tummy Tuck?

Hi im a 29 yr old male that did tummy tuck and bilateral masectomy (gynecomastia) 2 and half months ago. I have always been active with weight lifting and exercising and lost 120 lbs and ended up doing a TT and Gynecomastia. Now, after my tummy tuck i have some upper belly bulging that gets worse as the day progresses. In the morning its not bad but at night its hard to keep it from bulging up. Did not need any muscle tightening and was always flat in my upper belly prior to surgery.. Any info?

Bulging After Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. There may be some swelling and fluid retention if this is changing during the day. See your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and be evaluated. You may even need an ultrasound to determine if you have a seroma or just a fluid collection and edema. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Bulging in the upper abdomen after tummy tuck

First, this can be swelling.  However it is more likely a weakening in your upper anterior abdominal wall.  It could also be excess skin.  My recommendation is to speak with her plastic surgeon to determine which of those 2 issues it could be.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

27716 Cashford Cir
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Upper Belly Bulging After Tummy Tuck?

This could be redundant skin or fat or unresolved swelling.  If it is worse at night, this may be swelling that will get better with the passage of time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Upper belly bulge post Tummy tuck.

Is it possible to display some photos as it is too difficult to give you an opinion.  I would think that it is going to be some excess fat in the upper abdominal area that may require to have some liposuction.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

767 Mt Alexander Road
Moonee Ponds, VIC 3039

Upper abdominal bulging after a male abdominoplasty

Would really need a pre and post operative photograph to understand the nature of your problem.  Could be redundant skin, could be redundant fat.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, DR. Z

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097