Upper Arms Loose, But I Am Think. Will an Arm Lift Help? What Are My Options?

I have been thin all my life. I am active, but my upper arm skin in loose. I am 60, but my body is a 40 year old, except for my arms. I am naturally big busted, so I don't want big arm muscles, although they do have definition. Will an arm lift help?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Loose Skin Effectively Treated With Armlift

+1

Armlifts are very effective in treating loose skin of the inner upper arms. If the incisions are appropriately placed, they tend to fade very well over time and produce excellent arm contour.  Posteriorly placed incisions are visible in social situations and not ideal.  Seek consultation from a board certified Plastic Surgeon with significant body contouring experience. Good luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Upper arms loose

+1

It does appear that you have loose upper arm skin and therefore an arm lift will help your appearance. You trade the loose skin for a long scar from the armpit to the elbow. In the relaxed arm postion the incision, if placed properly will not be noticeable. If you turn your arm outward, or upward, then people will see the scar.

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Loose are skin and Arm Lift

+1

From your description of loose arm skin, i believe you may be a good candidate for an arm lift or brachioplasty.  If the skin is loose, a liposuction procedure probably will not help and  may make matters worse.  Depending on exactly where the loose skin is located, there are different options of how to best hide the resulting scars.  I would suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon, in your area, to see which option would be best in your case. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arms Loose, Will an Arm Lift Help?

+1

It is really hard to try to answer this based on a verbal description only. A photo would help.

Excess skin in the upper arm is often treated with surgery, but the trade-off is the scar. An occasional patient may benefit from a lift that only requires an incision in the axilla (underarm) and these are relatively concealed.

Larger amounts of excess require an incision from axilla to elbow. These are always visible, often enough so that many patients will wear long sleeves at least for the first year. When there is a lot of contour improvement, this is a good trade-off.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Getting Rid of Loose Upper Arm Skin

+1

Dear sheanng,

Having loose, sagging upper arms is a very common problem, particularly as you get older or go through weight fluctuations.

Your treatment options include liposuction (eg. laser liposuction), mini arm lift, and arm lift. Each of these options has advantages, disadvantages, and limitations, and each can be a reasonable choice depending on your goals, condition, and preferences. If you have a significant amount of loose skin, some type of lift is likely necessary.

I would visit an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Loose Skin on Upper Arms? Arm Lift Candidate?

+1

Without an examination or viewing pictures, it is difficult to give you advice regarding arm lifting surgery. From your  description however, it sounds like you have loose skin of the upper arms and armlifting may be a good procedure for you.  This procedure is an excellent procedure when it comes to contouring the upper arms. Like many procedures performed, the trade-off is the scar ( which can be problematic  and require revisionary surgery).   Planning the procedure so that the scar is as inconspicuous as possible is critical.  Personally, I prefer to plan the procedures so that the scar falls along the most inferior aspect of the upper arm (as opposed to the “bicipital groove);  ideally the scar will not be visible from the front or back views.

You may benefit from in person consultation with experienced plastic surgeons.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm