Upper Arm Liposuction a Month Ago-- Should I Be Concerned by Lumps/stiffness/pain/discoloration?

I had liposuction on my upper arms a month ago. I'm 40, not overweight, good skin tightness. Went to a respected area plastic surgeon and am happy with the size reduction. But.... My arms are still uncomfortable-- not acute pain, but definite discomfort when moving or touching them, and the flesh still looks mottled, lumpy, and somewhat discolored on the inner arms. Should I be concerned, or is this fairly normal after a month? If normal, when can I expect to stop looking so unsightly? Thanks!

+1

the area you had done has one layer of fat and it is commonly more tender than others areas such as the abdomen. The mottling is not uncommon and does get better, but slowing.

Liposuction Results?

+1

Swelling,  aching discomfort, and  bruising are part of the healing process.  The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".   Hopefully some massage will help with the irregularities that you feel.  

I would suggest assessing the results of surgery approximately 3 months after surgery and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Post Arm Liposuction

+1

One month after arm liposuction, you still have healing to go.  I would suggest stretching of your arms and massage of the area to help the skin heal faster.  However, you should review your plan with your surgeon as they can best advice your specific recovery.  Hang in there.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Bruising after liposuction

+1
Liposuction of the arms can cause bruising and discomfort which will take time to abate. I would not be concerned with the aching and bruising at this time but you should continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD