I Had Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery 10 Weeks Ago. Still Bad Bruising Under my Left Eye & Top of Cheek.

What can be done about this? I look like I was punched in the eye. I'm 58 and fair. I did not have dark circles like this before the surgery. The right eye is still a bit bruised, but not nearly as bad as the left. Please help! My doc has no answer and wants to put me on a steroid type cream FML I believe it is called. Will Triluma help? Thank you so very much.

Hyperpigmentation..

+1

At 10 weeks it is unlikely you still have bruising (blood) under the skin. At this point you may have some hyperpigmentation. If this is the case then a bleaching type of cream can be helpful to treat reactive hyperpigmentation.
In my experience people who have fair skin who develop reactive hyperpigmentation see improvement in 3 months without intervention. You should wear sun block to prevent additional secondary darkening of the skin.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

True bruising can be treated with the pulsed dye laser.

+1

At ten weeks post surgery, it is unlikely that what you are seeing is still bruising.  It may be some hemosiderin left over from the bruising or some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  Check back with your doctor

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Hemosiderin

+1

What you are noticing is residual blood products from the bruising, called hemosiderin. This usually will improve on its own, albeit slowly. It can take a few months.

Intense pulse laser can help get rid of residual pigment. Give it a full year.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bruising around eyes

+1

It is a bit unusual to have bruising 10 weeks after eye lid surgeyr. Sometimes patients do get hemosiderin deposition. Triluma most likely will not help if this is the cause. times, and sometimes IPL can help.

Bruising 2 Months After a Blepharoplasty

+1

While you describe more bruising than is typical after a blepharoplasty, I have seen people who have had residual bruising for 6 months. Triluma may be helpful. IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments would likely make a big difference in getting the bruised color out of the skin. The good news is that it will almost certainly resolve completely on it's own if given enough time. Be patient and you will see improvement. If you run out of patience, consider IPL. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

+1

All bruising eventually dissipates, but pigment issues could remain.  There must be a chronic cause for your condition.  A thorough work-up by a Hematologist may be reasonable.  Triluma may help.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon