Had Upper and Lower Eye Bag Surgery 4 Days Ago, After Surgeon Put Tape on Which I Am Now Finding Very Itchy, Can I Remove It?

Had Upper and Lower Eye Bag Surgery 4 Days Ago, After Surgeon Put Tape on Which I Am Now Finding Very Ichy, Can I Remove It

Call your surgeon

+1

Part of your surgeons responsibilities is to deal with such postoperative questions. You may be allergic to the tape, but the tape was placed there for a reason.

Do not remove the tape: Pick up the phone and call your surgeon!

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Totally agree with my colleagues on this one-ask your surgeon.

+1

You simply must communicate with your surgeon.  They performed surgery on you and know what is critical to your optimal healing.  Getting advice from strangers is not appropriate.  Call your surgeon, if it is after hours have the surgeon paged.  Many surgeons have registered nurses in the office who can answer wound care questions like this even if the surgeon is in the operating room at the time.

Tape after eyelid surgery

+1

I agree with Dr. Ishoo.  It seems wrong to ask on this forum about removing the tape that your doctor carefully placed on your eyelids to help you.  Why not ask your doctor? 

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please ask your surgeon

+1

This is a question that is most appropriately answered by your surgeon. Many surgeons use steristrips immediately after blepharoplasty to support the skin and minimize retraction. I would not remove the strips without speaking to your surgeon.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon