Still Swollen 1 Month After Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty, Is This Normal?

I Had Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty. its Been a Month Now but my Upper Lid Still Swelling

+1

The skin of the eyelid is very thing and even small amounts of swelling can make the eye look worse. In time it goes down, some patients take longer depending on how extensive the work done and the immediate postoperative swelling.

Swelling One Month after Eyelid Surgery

+1

It is not unusual to have swelling one month after surgery.  The swelling should be gradually decreasing and may appear greater in the morning and less during the course of the day.  Over time this will cease.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Post op swelling can last months

+1

As mentioned by the other surgeons, post operative swelling can last for a couple months post surgery. In addition it is not unusual for you to have good days and bad days, as the swelling can wax and wane. No if the swelling is increasing, with redness and pain, then you should be worried about an infection and see you Surgeon immediately.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling normal in early healing stages.

+1

While I'm sure it is a concern for you, some residual swelling 1 month after surgery would be within normal expected range.  Tincture of time and local measures such as icing can be helpful.  Most important, you should have a follow up visit with your surgeon so a formal exam can be done.  Your surgeon knows what was done at the time of surgery and is in the best position to give you specific suggestions to resolve this.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

1 month post blepahroplasty and swollen

+1

Being that you are only one month post-surgical froma blepharoplasty, it is quite common to be swollen.  Give it more time.

This is still quite early from 4 eyelid surgery.

+1

While a great deal of healing has taken place, you are by no means fully healed.  Some degree of swelling is to be expected really for months.  Is the swelling you are experiencing excessive?  To answer this question, I suggest you schedule a follow-up visit with your surgery to be assessed.

Swelling one month after upper eyelid surgery

+1

conditions such as this are most likely within normal range of healing but to exclude more serious concerns requiring intervention, you should be seen by your surgeon soon and on regular basis until the condition has resolved or intervention is planned. It is not possible to answer this question with any specificity or relevance without a physical exam and medical history let alone without any pictures.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon