Can You Do a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty (With Skin Removal on Both) 6 Weeks After Ultherapy?

Have a window of time to take off work for a blepharoplasty but I just had the ultherapy done and am wondering if some of the gradual skin tightening that happens from the ultherapy could affect the blepharoplasty results. I've had three consults for bleph and all recommended a little fat removal and skin removal on both upper and lower (and all are board cert p.s.) Love the ultherapy so far - I think I will be able to avoid/postpone a recommended brow lift because of it.

Blepharoplasty after Ultherapy

+1

A slight concern exists that if you have an upper lid blepharoplasty too soon after ultherapy on the forehead, and the upper eyelid skin gets trimmed to the last millimeter possible, and then in the next three to six months, or more, after ultherapy, the skin of the forehead continues to lift, it might become so tight that there won't be enough laxity for the eyelids to close completely when you sleep. This could cause a dry cornea which can be a serious problem. Make sure your plastic surgeon knows that you had ultherapy and you may get a slow "brow lift" in the next few months after the blepharoplasty so he or she can allow for this tightening and leave some reserve of skin looseness.

Eyelids surgery shouldn't be a problem

+1

Six weeks post Ultherapy should be a safe period for you. Ultherapy will give you a temporary improvement, but for the money you might as well have a brow lift and get a more permanent result. A brow lifts takes about 30 min. to perform and can address not only sagging of the brow but the overactivity of the glabella are muscles between the eyebrows.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

+1

This likely will not be an issue but you should consult with the physician performing your ultherapy to be sure. If you do proceed, I would definitely hold off on further Ulthera treatments until you have healed from the blepharoplasty. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery after ultherapy

+1

It should be safe to perform eyelid surgery after ultherapy but discuss with you ultherapy physician.  The worry might be if the skin is too tight and any extra skin removal can cause distortion or pulling of the eyelids.  Consider seeing an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

6 Weeks after Ultherapy

+1

Have you discussed your future intentions with those who performed your Ultherapy?  Did you inform the physicians who may perform your blepharoplasty surgery about your current issues?  It is wise to be extremely open (just like you are right here on RealSelf) with those who have actually seen you and placed their hands on you.  Best of Luck!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon