Had Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty 8 Days Ago and Was Wondering if This is Normal Swelling 8 Days After Surgery? (photo)

I had alot of skin removed from the top and bottom of my eyes and over all it looks great with no sagging skin under my eyes but I do have in the corner of my eyes on both sides alot of swelling. I just want to make sure this is normal healing and not skin that wasn't removed and now is bunching up in the corners.

Totally normal

+1

Absolutely appropriate appearance for a week to ten days out from surgery. You are healing appropriately. Feel free to share these photos with your surgeon as well. He/she is the best person to discuss your concerns.

We are ALWAYS happy to talk with our patients postoperatively. Nothing calms and reassures the patient better than an open discussion with their surgeon.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is normal for 8 days after surgery.

+1

Your photos show normal appearance for 8 days after surgery.  Some of the small skin contour irregularities will slowly smooth and disappear over the next several weeks.  You have minimal bruising and good symmetry of your lids. Time is on your side so be patient.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Had Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty 8 Days Ago and Was Wondering if This is Normal Swelling 8 Days After Surgery?

+1

The posted photos appear very within normal even better than most. What are you expecting? Only 1 day healing. This operation has a dealing range from 7 days to 1 month. Please discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

Normal Postoperative Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. You are recovering normally 8 days after blepharoplasty.  Discuss any residual concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

TIme will help.

+1

I fix the cosmetic eyelid surgeries of many other eyelid surgeons.  It is interesting to me that when I ask new patients when they felt there was an issue with their surgery, the generally answer that immediately or within a week they knew there was an issue.  I do agree that these eyelids will calm down.  However, I also suspect that you will continue to have some concerns about the eyelid surgery even once you heal.  It these photos, it looks like you might still have stitches in place,  These should all be removed by 8 days after surgery.

Blepharoplasty and swelling

+1

At 8 days it is quite common to be swollen after a blepharoplasty. Give it more time to heal. It may take a few months for the swelling to disappear completely.

Healing after Blepharoplasty.

+1

Eyelids swell very easily, so it is normal to have swelling after cosmetic eyelid surgery.  It is certainly normal to have swelling for several weeks after surgery.  I tell my patients that they may look good soon after surgery but, to be safe, plan on six weeks before you are ready to go to a wedding.

If you would like to read more about eyelid surgery check out our blog at botox-docs.com

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon