Upper Abdominal Swelling with a Little Plain 4.5 Weeks Post Op... Did I Mess Up my MR? (photo)

I'm a single mom. Had my surgery done 4.5 weeks ago. Little swelling up until recently. I was strict on no lifting for 3 weeks but have two young kids. I've been lifting the kids about 75% of what I use too (both under 30lbs). There is an annoying pain assosicated with it. It goes down in the morning but as soon as I'm up its back and very swollen. Did I mess up my MR? I haven't felt any stitches pop either. I'm fearful of messing up my surgery...

Swelling after abdominoplasty

+1

Swelling after an abdominoplasty can sometimes be present up to 3 months after surgery, but if you have really noticed a difference in how swollen this area is, and that is different than right after your surgery, you should be re-examined by your plastic surgeon to make sure you do not have a fluid collection or sutures that came out. In any case, you should probably be seen by your plastic surgeon to make sure you are not doing too much lifting or activities. I typically have patient refrain from "core" exercises for 8 weeks after a tummy tuck. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Upper Abdominal Swelling with a Little Plain 4.5 Weeks Post Op... Did I Mess Up my MR?

+1

Over the internet very difficult to be sure. Best to see your surgeon or a second opinion in person. Also a scan would be helpful in making the diagnosis.