Would an Uplift Be Suitable For My Sagging Breasts Post-Pregnancy? (photo)

Hi, I had my implants fitted 4 years ago,and soon after I became pregnant, I had no idea that mother nature would take effect,and I would become very broody! However I was lucky enough to produce a beautiful healthy boy,but Im left with these sagging breasts, I was very ill, so wasnt able to hold my son for a couple of weeks after, so I couldnt breast feed.Is it an uplift I would need? Thanks in advance

Breast lift for sagging breasts post-pregnance

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs.  From your history and the accompanying photos it would appear that you would be an excellent candidate for a breast lift (mastopexy).  If you had any concerns about the size of your breasts this too could be addressed at the same time. It would be possible to change  your implants  making them ether  larger or smaller depending on your wishes.

Breast uplift after pregnancy

+1

A breast lift will certainly help, by moving up and tightening the breasts and creating a better symmetry. Depending on how you feel about the size of the breasts (how you feel about the size when you are wearing a bra) the implants can easily be changed at the same time.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after pregnancy

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift. The  important decision to be made is what to do with the current implants. The options would include leaving the implants in place ( the simplest)  option,  removing the implants altogether, or changing the implants.  You would need to be examined by a surgeon experinced with the combined procedure  of a lift with implant to determine what procedure would be best for you.  Much of the decision would be determined by what size breasts you ultimately would like to have and what size implants you currently have in place.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Sagging breasts

+1

A breast lift procedure is something to consider if your breasts are sagging.  Often this can be done with jsut a "lollipop" incision. 

Breast lift will improve shape and symmetry.

+1

Thank you for your photos.  As you have discovered, with the additional weight of your breast implants plus the changes to your breasts during pregnancy, the effects of gravity are predictable (but not always appreciated!).  Your breasts are ptotic ( they hang down too low), asymmetric and they appear heavy (although only an examination could confirm this).  IF you are happy with the size of your breasts and don't wish to change that, a lift can be done to make them more symmetrical and elevate the nipple / areolar to the correct position.  However the weight that caused them to sag in the first place may likely cause them to re-sag months after the surgery.  Some patients will opt for a lift but also have some reduction in the volume of tissue done at the same time so the breasts are lighter and thus less likely to re-sag and better shaped.  The trade-off with breast lifting is that if you try to lift a breast which already sagged due to its weight, the chances are it will re-sag.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon to see your best options. 

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Breast Lift after Pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your question.   The breast lifting procedure can re-shape your breasts into a more youthful shape and position.  Pregnancy and weight gain/ loss can change the shape and size of your breast tremendously.  This procedure will allow you to create more symmetry, elevate the position of the nipple areola complex, and reshape the breasts.  And depending on your happiness with the current size, the size can be adjusted at the same time.  

Bill Kortesis, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift seems to be the best option to produce a lifted effect. The size of your implant could also be addressed to make the breast smaller or bigger. The ideal scenario is to go smaller on the implant and have a short scar breast lift.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast lift after pregnancy

+1

From your photos, it certainly appears that a breast lift will be excellent for you.  Done properly, it will be a way to elevate the nipples, tighten up the breasts and improve the symmetry.  The implants can be left alone.  If you have more kids, it might need to be redone, or maybe not.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover breastlift

+1

A lift is definitely the way to go for you! Typically the surgery requires incisions around the nipple and a vertical scar from the bottom of the areola to the fold. You are a little asymmetrical, and that can be fixed during surgery too!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast Lift

+1

Mothers may find that pregnancy and breastfeeding contribute to loss of volume and firmness. If you're looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift. A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed.To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. The great thing about this technique is that they can now be done with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD