Do I Need an Uplift or Will Just Having Implants Be Ok? (photo)

My breast was a 34B/32C, after I had my daughter and breast feed my breast went up to a 36DD/36E and when I stopped breast feeding they have gone down to a small empty B. They are empty in the top and my nipples are not even and hang low but don't point down. Can I get away with having just implants or will I need a nipple lift or full uplift? I'd rather just have implants but don't want to regret not having a lift it they still sag. I don't want fake round breasts.

Avoid implants

+1

If you are satisfied with the volume of your breasts you would benefit from a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and avoids implants.  Most women refuse lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  This new technique avoids the ugly vertical and horizontal scars of the traditional techniques.  The breast weight is transferred to the underlying muscle preventing recurrent sagging.  However, if you want more volume, implants can be placed simultaneously.        

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

For asymmetry and sagging, a breast lift in combination with implants works best.

+1

If both sides looked like your left breast, implants alone would do the job.  However, with your asymmetry, implants alone will not work because you would need a larger implant on the left side and a smaller one on the right, which would help even the volume discrepancy but actually make the asymmetry in shape look worse.  Don't even think about a "nipple lift."  All this does is make a scar around your areola with little if any effective lift.  You need a vertical lift with implants.  Check out patient R.Z. on my website.  Remember, your situation is somewhat difficult and you need an experienced surgeon or you are likely to be dissatisfied.  Insist on seeing plenty of before and after photos including women with asymmetry like you.  I've attached a link.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

What to do after breast feeding?

+1

Thanks for your photos... you mention that you did not like the nipple position in the photos where the breasts look perky.  If that is how you feel, just have the augmentation first, understanding that you will have some component of sagging and your nipples will never be level.  If you are fine with that look, you're done.  If you want perkier, a lift will be needed.  And I would never suggest the peri-areolar one unless your lift was minimal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift needed for best result

+1

Your left breast may do okay with only an implant but the right side has significant sagging and will definitely require a lift.  More than likely to get your best result you will need a vertical lift.  The example photo of a widened scar from a Benelli type breast lift is not uncommon and I rarely recommend this type of lift to patients.  This type of lift has the highest degree of patient dissatisfaction.  

Lift needed

+1

I believe you will need a lift with implants to give you the look you desire.  Your right breast has significant ptosis.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Do I Need an Uplift or Will Just Having Implants Be Ok?

+1

A lifting is needed in my opinion based upon the one posted photo provided. Best to obtain a few IN PERSON evacuations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Breast asymmetry before surgery

+1

Your posted photo shows asymmetric breasts with a more lower hanging right breast. The only way to get a symmetrical from breast augmentation is to do a breast lift at the same time. Augmentation without a lift may make the asymmetry more severe.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Your photos reveal breast asymmetry.  Your right breast is lower and the NAC is lower than the left.  It is hard to tell from the photos but your right breast also appears larger.  With these findings I would recommend a lift with your augmentation.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift question

+1

Yes, I would say a lift is needed, with your arms a bit lifted for the photo you have moderate ptosis and some breast asymmetry. I think a lollipop style will be the way to go for you. Just implants will likely give you bigger but droopy breasts. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes breast augmentation can obviate the need for breast lift.

+1

The picture demonstrates breast that might get an excellent result with breast augmentation alone. This is a function of the magnitude of the ptosis and the desired final breast size.