I Am Upgrading my 200cc Saline Breast Implants. Will This Give me a D Cup?

I am having my 200cc saline breast implants replaced with 400cc gel implants, I am naturally a 32B cup. Will this give me a D cup or look too big? I am 5' 3" and 122 lbs.

High position of implants creates the appearance of larger breasts

+1

At size 32, each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you were initially a 32 B, 400 cc implants would correspond to 4 cup size increase which would correspond to a 32 F.  This also assumes that the implants can be placed retro-pectorally.  If you try to place too large of implants, they can displace and will not give you the projection you desire.  Your goal is to achieve beautiful breasts.  This can be achieved by smaller implants placed retro-pectorally with a simultaneous lift (Mini Ultimate Breast Lift) if needed.  This will create upper pole fullness and the appearance of larger breasts.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

400 cc implant

+1

While implant volume does not match up exactly with cup size, I am guessing that they could get you into a "C" or a "D" bra.

+1

There are no fixed and accepted standards for cup size. It is hard to use them as anything but a very rough standard for comparison. Going from 200 to 400cc should give you about as much more enlargement as you got from pre-op to 200 cc. 

I wouldn't hazard a guess as to  whether they will look too big without at least seeing photos. There are a number of factors involved in choosing an appropriate sized implant that your surgeon can help you with at the time of consultation.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Upsizing to a D-cup

+1

If you are naturally a B and currently a C with your implants, an upgrade to 400cc should be about a D-cup. Will you look too big? I think not, but show your surgeon pictures of what you want to help get things right.

Best Breast Implants for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. I would suggest however that you do not base your communication and/or satisfaction level with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.