After Losing Weight, What Type of Lift Would Be Best for Me? Implants as Well? (photo)

5 months ago I posted a question about whether to have implants along with a breast lift.  Many replied recommending losing weight, it was the first time I had ever been told I needed to lose weight and it was a real eye opener for me. I took your advice and started a strict workout regime, hired a trainer and started eating clean. Here I am today, THANKS so much for the honesty! I put the focus where it really needed to be, now I am ready for the rest to be youthful too! I welcome your updated opinions:)

Breast Lift after Weight Loss

+2

Good job with the weight loss. That's hard work. From your photos i would say you could have a nice youthful look with a breast lift. I think your volume looks about right. I think I would caution against implants until you have a lift and let it heal for several months. That would be a full formal lift. But if you are sure you want a larger breast size, that can be accomplished with a Benelli or periareolar lift and implants under the muscle with the dual plane technique. You won't get quite as much lift but a very natural shape.

Breast lift and weight loss

+1

Congratulations after losing weight. A breast lift and most likely a lollipop type of incision would probably be the choice to give you are really nice result.  An exam in person would be definitive.

Breast Lift Outcome Likely to be Pleasing

+1

Hi there-

Of course, without having a more detailed discussion of your goals with you, it is difficult to answer your question, but generally speaking, I would way that the average woman with your amount of breast tissue and starting breast appearance would achieve a lovely result with a well-done lift alone.

On the other hand, your goals for shape are very important, and so my best advice for you is for you to visit with a talented and experienced surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery for a consultation. Explain your goals, listen to your options, and look at lots of photos of the options, understanding the likely differences.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast lift alone will give you a nice result

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on these photos, a breast lift (vertical pattern) will give you a nice shape and maintain your volume. If you are happy with your current breast/bra size, I would not recommend inserting implants. The size you have appears to be in proportion to your body. The recovery is actually easier if you have a breast lift without breast implants also. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination and review of your medical history.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast lift after weight loss

+1

Congratulations! I must say your tummy looks great! You may want to be examined to see if you can have a no vertical scar breast lift.   It's a new technique that lifts breasts high and perky without the use of implants or a vertical scar. Breasts are firm and are attached permanently to your chest wall thus minimizing downward descent. Patients love the results because the scars are not visible and their breasts are back to their original position. It's worth looking into. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

After Losing Weight, What Type of Lift Would Be Best for Me? Implants as Well?

+1

You should have a great, long-lasting perky set of breast with a SHORT scar by having a Short Scar Breast Lift (as in Hall-Findlay technique). Implants are not only not needed, but may cause repeat sagging.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Breast lift and/or lift with augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss! My personal preference is to do a short scar lift without removing any breast tissue. If you are happy with the volume of breast tissue that you have now in a bra, this is what I would recommend. If you would like to be larger (remember, the larger you are the more sagging you can expect and sooner), I would do an augmentation after your breasts heal and settle after the lift. I know alot of plastic surgeons do the lift/augmentation together and at times one can get excellent results, but many times you end up with one or multiple revisions. Good luck and consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting and Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  I think you will be much more likely to be pleased with the results of breast surgery on a long-term basis ( then if you had done the breast augmentation/ mastopexy earlier).

Breast lifting will probably require a vertical mastopexy procedure (“lollipop” breast lift).  Sometimes, a short horizontal incision may also be necessary.

In order to achieve the upper pole “ roundness"  you describe under your pictures,  a breast implant placed in the sub muscular ( “dual plane”) will be very helpful.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.