Is it Unusual to Swell Significantly Less After Your 3rd Sculptra Procedure?

Last Wednesday I had my 3rd Sculptra treatment with a very respected Chicago Dr. After the first two appointments I had the expected swelling and tenderness for about 5 days both of which were manageable. I had two vials used on all three visits, but after my third visit last Wednesday I had noticeably less swelling and both the swelling and tenderness lasted much less in duration than the first two times. Is this normal? So far, I have been pretty pleased with my results.

Less swelling after third Sculptra treatment

+1

It is not abnormal to experience less swelling from a third Sculptra treatment. This may be due to the following:

1) Your body is more familiar with the treatment
2) Your physician varied the way he/she administered the Sculptra. 

Overall, you have nothing to worry about, and your result should be just as great.  Thanks and I hope this helps!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

As you know everyone responds a little differently with procedures and each time a procedure is repeated you can experience slightly different outcomes.  Sculptra does take about thirty days to start seeing the improvement.  As far as less swelling or bruising at the time is just an added plus.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Possibly a different injection technique.

+1

Your doctor may have used a different injection technique for your third session. Sometimes I'll inject at a lower level in the tissue and there may not be as much swelling with this approach. My advice is to call and ask if that is the case. Regards.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon