Labia minora always open. What can I do? (photo)

I think I have an unusual problem - both my labia are permanantly OPEN ! Basically it looks like a penis has only just been pulled out. Is there a remedy or operation to close my lips, obiviously not to close them completely ?

Labiaplasty in Los Angeles

Correction of your labia minora protrusion may be corrected with a modified labiaplasty. Our office specializes in labiaplasty surgery and I have authored a journal article demonstrating my technique for labiaplasty. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Spreading labia

appear to be from your marked redundancy of tissues.  I'm confident a labiaplasty would help you immensely in terms of improving on that problem  Make sure you know what technique your surgeon will use as each removes tissue in different places with different results.  Make sure your technique will do what you want it to.

Curtis Wong, MD

Vaginoplasty may help labia that are always opened

Thank you for your question and photograph. The vaginal introitus is descended and forcing the labia my nor outward. A little vaginoplasty performed by a gynecological expert plastic surgeon may help you. Seek consultation with gynecologic plastic surgery specialists.

Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction

In order to aesthetically improve the labia minora, a labiaplasty with clitoral hood reduction should be performed. This will help to restore a more youthful appearance to the labia and remove redundant tissue.

You also, however, have a component of vaginal relaxation. This can occur for a variety of reasons, and can be somewhat determined by your biology, but also from the effects of intercourse, hormones, and childbirth.
I would consider the ThermiVa treatment for this. It is new and experimental but with very low risk and it is non-invasive. It creates heat into the vaginal canal and allows for some tightening of the tissues there. It is done awake and has very little discomfort.

Labia Reconstruction

Labia Reconstruction

I agree that this is a more unusual problem. A closer exam would be needed to see what is pulling the tissues apart. The tissue would have to be rearranged and reduced in an appropriate way to correct this problem. It can clearly be improved.

Labia are permanently open

I reviewed your photo. You probably have some looseness of your vulva skin along with enlargement of your labia minora. A labia minora reduction done by a trimming technique will still leave your remaining labia open. I can tell you that a conservative central wedge labia minora reduction will tighten the area and close your vaginal opening. If the reduction is too aggressive, then your vaginal opening can become too tight, so an experienced surgeon with the central wedge needs to perform the operation.

Gary J. Alter, MD