1 Month Post Breast Augmentation And They're Too Small. Will A 100cc Increase Be What I Want? (photo)

Hi, Im 26, 5'5, 128lbs. I am 4 weeks postop with my 1st breast aug' and feel ripped off! Preop I wore a 34B and currently I measure a 34D. I know you shouldn't judge by size and rather on 'the look' but I wanted to be at least DD after surgery. I have 400cc, anatomical, eurosilicone implants,dual plane. My surgeon has offered to increase my size for next to nothing and has suggested 500cc, Im terrified that they will still be too small! Also from photos is there any sign of bottoming out? Thanks

Breast augmentation satisfaction

+2

I personally do not see a double bubble. You should wait three to six months to adapt to the size of the breasts. 400 cc is nit a small augment and the size is appropriate to your height and weight. Just know that if you go larger, you increase the risk of ptosis or sagging which is more difficult to correct. It's definitely wiser to take a conservative approach and not rush into additional surgery.

Implant size increase

+2

I think for the average patient to see a cup size difference, you need somewhere between a 100-150cc increase in volume, but that is not an exact science. I think in your case you already have some element of a double bubble where your implant extends below your natural breast tissue and going larger will likely make that worse. There are, unfortunately, limits to the size implant can be placed and not get a double bubble, and in some cases achieving the desired cup size is not possible in all patients without some potential new problem.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Implant Size

+2

Thanks you for your question. I would agree with the other doctors that you are still early in the post operative period so it is difficult to tell what your final result will be. In addition, without looking at your preop pictures it is also difficult to tell where you are going to end up. What is evident is that right now you have an early double bubble type appearance which will hopefully improve over time but also may not and therefore may require some correction. Until this settles out I wouldn't recommend going larger right away. If they are not the size you are looking for after the next couple months, then you may want to go bigger. At that point discuss with your surgeon exactly what you are looking for as you may be better served with a round high profile implant rather than an anatomic implant to give you more cleavage and look bigger. Hope this helps and for right now, try to be patient.

Navinderdeep S. Nijher, MD
Ocala Plastic Surgeon

Going Larger in Breast Augmenation

+2

If a patient is unhappy with their breast volume after surgery, often 100 cc is enough to make a difference.  However, getting to an exact bra size shouldn't ever be promised. Different manufacturers are not consistent in sizing so you should judge your results by how you look - not cup size. However, you do have a "double bubble" type of outcome and I would recommend having this addressed at the same time you undergo an implant exchange.  Remember, too big will have an effect on the weight of your breasts and can accelerate the droop to your breasts. 

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

You will need revision to fix the infra-mammary fold

+2

I would recommend that you get a second opinion before getting bigger implants. Your current implants are too low . Your inframammary fold is distorted and causing double bubble. The idea of going bigger will distort the breast more.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At your stage recovery is very common for patients to be concerned about their results (being too big or too small).  Often after a period of 3 to 6 months those same patients are quite pleased with the results of their surgery. I am hopeful that the appearance of “double bubble”  will improve with time.

For patients planning on breast augmentation surgery...it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Early after your surgery

+2

You are still relatively early after surgery and would recommend to wait until all of the swelling goes away and the your tissue relaxes.  This will result in a change in the appearence of your breasts, however, the overall size will be similar or somewhat smaller as the swelling subsides.  Once all of the swelling and healing has occurred you may want to add approximately 100cc of volume as part of the "rice test" or other comparable methods to determine if that size increase is what would make you happy.  Its most important however to have an idea of what you want your breasts and chest proportions to look like and then to communicate this clearly with your plastic surgeon.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

? Too small after augmentation

+2

I always recommend to my patients to allow plenty of time for healing and resolution of swelling. Be patient in judging your size and keep discussing your feelings with your surgeon.

Remember that the larger the implant,  the more chance there is of the implant being visible or deforming the surrounding skin in a way that causes shape imbalances or asymmetry. It is not easy to tell in photos how your breasts will react to even larger implants but I advise caution and waiting.

Best of luck in your healing.

Michael Suzman, MD