Age 27, 5'4m, 158lbs, Would Like to Do Something About the Appearance of Fat Pockets/Cellulite in the Back of Thighs?

I am 27 yrs old 5'4 158 pounds. My highest weight was 225 about 5 yrs ago. I carry most of my weight in my lower body. I would like to improve the appreance of the fat pockets/cellulite in the back of my thighs. My butt is large, but it has lost volume. My lower cheeks now has dimples. I want to have lipo on my thighs to make them more appealing and fat transfered to my butt. I think by my butt sagging and with it being large contributes to the unappealing appearance of the back of my thighs.

Would Like to Do Something About the Appearance of Fat Pockets/Cellulite in the Back of Thighs

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Cellulite on the back of thighs may be better of being treated with Cellulaze than with lipo.  You would need to have a consultation to see if you are a candidate and what your options are.

Cellulite and thighs

+1

That is the holt grail.How to treat cellulite.there is no solution that is truly effective.there are sevral lasers that claim to treat it but they show you there best results and the majority are wanting.It is buyer beware.Soemtimes fat grafting can help fill in the pockets or soem judicious lipo but it is not a perfect solution.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite, fat management buttock and thigh

+1

Fat grafting to the buttock is definitely worth considering to improve volume. The results have been great! Whether liposuction or grafting would help cellulite is unknown. Cellulite while so common still has no optimal treatment available. In some cases, liposuction may help, but most of the time it does not. There are some lasers and minimally invasive treatments advocated for cellulite, but the jury is definitely out on that one, with not so impressive results paired with a high price tag. Lipo and fat grafting are tried and true, however, and do have great results, just not with cellulite necessarily.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Improving Appearance of Thighs?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Unfortunately, the “fat deposits/cellulite” of the posteriorthighs may be difficult to improve with liposuction for patients who have had significant weight loss. Of course, in person consultation would be necessary to provide you with precise and/or more meaningful advice.

I would suggest however that you be careful with undergoing liposuction surgery;  considerations such as skin elasticity and current  irregularities are important.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Learn about the pros/cons associated with each surgical procedure offered and make sure you have a good understanding of realistic expectations prior to proceeding.

+1

Without an exam or pictures, liposuction with fat grafting may be a good option.   You will find that the results are very much surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA