Im Unsure As to Have D or DD Size BA & Lift, Opinions? (photo)

I am having a Tummy tuck & BA/lift in April. I am currently a small C cup, before kids (3) and weight gain/loss I was D.I want my BA to give me fuller,higher and larger boobs but natural looking (no porn star look). I feel my tummy has protruded more than my breasts.My friend went with a D but regrets not going to DD as her PS recommended.We are of the same build/body type. I am currently a 14C or 16C depending on make.I wnt breasts to look proportionate n natural. I would appreciate any advice.

Breast Implant Sizing for Mommy Makeover?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your “starting point” I think you should have an excellent result after your planned mommy makeover operation.

With all due respect, I think you will confuse yourself and your plastic surgeon if you continue to refer to “porn stars” and your friends'  breasts  when you discuss your goals.

I would suggest that you find pictures of breast that you like as well as pictures of breasts that are too big and too small and create a “poster” to review with your plastic surgeon carefully prior to surgery.

I have found that the use of words such as “natural and proportionate” or “D cup” or  "DD" "fake looking" or "porn star" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Considering that you are about to undergo a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery, a few words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

To D or Double D, that is the question. Breast Augmentation, +/- Lift and Tummy Tuck

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos. 

For a full and natural look, go with an implant that spans the base width diameter of your breast. For a perkier look, you can consider adding a small lift.  The flattening aspect of the tummy tuck will accentuate the appearance of your breasts by contrast which is one reason why the mommy makeover is such a satisfying procedure for patient and surgeon.

It is recommended that you be near the weight that you can comfortably stay at the time of the surgery for best results.  Weight fluctuations up or down can add unpredictability to the results.

To pick an exact implant size and discuss surgery in detail, see at least two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Breast size after implant

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Given your photos, you are a good candidate for tummy tuck and augmentation/lift.  Whether you want D or DD is a personal choice.  However, it is common for women to wish that they had gone larger after the surgery.  Also, keep in mind bra size differs depending on different brand of bras.  

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Breast size with augmentation and mastopexy

+2

Breast size with augmentation  and mastopexy:

• see previous posts on implant size
  • if you want to be fuller then go for DD
  • this size will be different in a 36 or 34
  • a 34 dd may be close to a 36d
  • review the implant size with your doctor
  • there are no standards in the bra industry

Breast Implant Size with Mommy Makeover

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  The breast augmentation and tummy tuck you are planning should go a long way towards balancing your body.  I recommend you not worry about bra size because the garment industry does not standardize bras.  Instead, ask your plastic surgeon if you can try on sizers with your clothes  to get an idea of what you will look like and how your proportions will be.  Too large an implant may make you look heavy. 

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd

You should get good results from BA and TT

+2

From the pictures you submitted, you should be a good candidate for breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery.  The size of implants you should have is a decision best made between you and your plastic surgeon.  Usually, he or she can show you an assortment of different size implants which you may be able to try on with different size bras to see which one suits you the best.  A tummy tuck can be performed at the same time as your breast augmentation.

If you think you need a lift, you do

+1

After reviewing your photographs, I recommend you undergo an abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement to create a flatter abdomen.  The increase of abdominal wall strength frequently results in weight loss and you will more likely achieve your ideal weight.  After, I would then consider breast surgery.  Since your breasts are too low and you have hanging skin, I recommend breast augmentation through a circumareola incision with a breast lift.  Photographs show your nipples located below the ideal location, which is halfway between the shoulder and the elbow.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon